screen separation problem?

Urbanpixels

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Just took delivery of my Black 8X and it will be going straight back to Amazon, has anybody had this problem? or is it a common one?

I'm just hoping my replacement doesn't have the same issue.

Anyway, i put my phone on charge which happened to be under a lamp, i saw some metal reflecting and noticed it was a gap between the body of the phone and the glass... pretty poor fitment and QC checking here

I've included a picture below:

Attachments

• WP_20130206_004.jpg
    WP_20130206_004.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I went through 3 phones and none of them had that issue. The only issue I have seen as far as the glass is that sometimes it is raised slightly at the bottom corners.

srmccoy

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
For whatever reason I don't see any images, but I think I understand what you mean.

On my first 8x there was a slight gap between the screen and the left side of the case. Lights would catch the metal under there and make it noticeable. That also had a bad case of the screen lifting from the case, so I returned it. My new device has none of those issues, but the coating is now peeling, go figure.

Before you return it try and push it in place. Its actually easy to peel the sides away from the screen and they should snap back into place.

Urbanpixels

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
For whatever reason I don't see any images, but I think I understand what you mean.

On my first 8x there was a slight gap between the screen and the left side of the case. Lights would catch the metal under there and make it noticeable. That also had a bad case of the screen lifting from the case, so I returned it. My new device has none of those issues, but the coating is now peeling, go figure.

Before you return it try and push it in place. Its actually easy to peel the sides away from the screen and they should snap back into place.

It's a shame that anything other than apple devices seem to have these quality issues to such a degree (i know apple isnt perfect), i've gone to the 8x because my 920 was full of these little niggles.

I tried to push it in place, although it closes the gap as soon as i let go it returns to its normal (wrong) position.

Thumbs up to Amazon though, i already have a replacement on the way to me and i havent even returned this one yet!

srmccoy

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I just say the picture, and yeah my gap wasn't nearly that bad on my first phone. That one looks like it has been dropped. When I dropped my phone the left side popped out like that, but easily snapped back into place.

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
My phone's plastic creaks when pressing gently below the area of the volume buttons.. No light leak whatsoever.

Urbanpixels

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
How long from beginning to end did you wait? Is it a new phone or refurbished?

The first was was delivered from Amazon on Wednesday, i processed the return within 2 hours, then the new one arrived today.

Obviously they hold my CC details untill they receive the returned on, or they would charge me again.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
Your picture reminds me of a dream I had. True story. I dreamt that the blue part of my 8x was more like a gel cover you can buy for ipod touch's and phones. You know, very soft and rubbery. I couldn't get it to stay on the back of my phone. The harder I tried the more rubbery and flexible it became. It was a nightmare.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenisPhils