View Poll Results: How many signal bars are you getting for 4Gg/LTE
- 9. You may not vote on this poll
- 02-07-2013, 05:53 PM #1
This has been brought to my attention recently by a Verizon 8x user. He noticed that he only gets about 2-3 bars for 4G LTE on his 8x. After I looked at mine, I noticed the same thing. Before I never realized this but now I am noticing it. Its been the whole day, yet the LTE signal is never above 3 bars no matter where I am. Wondering how the reception is for you guys on different networks around the world for 4G/LTE. I am wondering if this a Verizon issue or 8x issue since on other phones in Verizon, the 4G LTE is has full bars in my own house. The other user compared his 8x to his co worker's Iphone 5 (both on Verizon )and on the same spot they were standing, he had 2 bars while the Iphone user had full bars.
- 02-07-2013, 07:00 PM #3
I usually have 3 to 4. Rarely have 5 bars. But this has been true on every phone I've had - always Android in the past. I'm on Verizon and located near Nashville TN. Never had a problem connecting though.
- 02-07-2013, 07:17 PM #4
Two bars are just as good as five. I would guess, they are sending less power to antenna to conserve battery. Thus, a weaker signal. The bars are psychological. Your data still goes through doesn't it? Apple shows five bars just so people don't complain after antennagate. 920 on ATT in Dallas, their corporate office is here, and I very rarely ever have full signal according to bars. But, I've never had a signal problem.
- 02-07-2013, 07:27 PM #5
yea I usually don't have a problem with connecting to the internet or anything, but I was trying to figure out why 2-3 bars were the case. You bring up a good point with battery conservation
- By deadwrong03 in forum Nokia Lumia 820Replies: 14Last Post: 11-16-2012, 07:55 PM
- By dclelaya2000 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 06-08-2012, 05:18 PM
- By HeyCori in forum Other OS's and DevicesReplies: 0Last Post: 12-27-2011, 09:47 AM
- By WayCool in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 26Last Post: 08-27-2011, 05:53 PM
- By Grubish360 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 4Last Post: 08-07-2011, 04:06 PM