Full Cycle Charged Battery Usuage

tiancai1986

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, would just wanna do a poll to understand better about the battery usage of
8X user.

Currently having my 8x for a week already. I have applied some of Coolknight's tips on
helping to conserve the bat. But i realized even through with extreme light usage
of the phone, the battery can only last me about 16 hours , just wanna know whether is it
normal? My definition of extreme light usage refers to sending out less than 10 messages
per day due to busy work schedule. Is this battery normal for 8x? How do we know whether
the battery are having problems?

Currently my config is as follows:
Internet Sharing = Off
Lock Screen = 1 Min
Wifi = Off
Blue Tooth = Off
Tap + Send = Off
Flight Mode = Off
Location = Off
Kids Corner = Off
Battery Saver = On
Back Up = Off
Brightness = Low
Find my phone = off
Feed Back = Off
Beat Audio = Off
NFC = Off
Email = 1 account which synced daily instead of few hours.

I am a person who only use text message, calls and also some web surfing. Was wondering is this battery life normal?
Is there any app which help in conserving battery life etc..? Or any app you guys are using to help monitor the battery life
of your 8x. Thank for your time for reading and participation in this thread.

jomargon

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
My 8x usually last an average of 2 days with light / moderate usage (couple of texts, short calls, browsing and updating of apps) after doing a full charge. I suggest that you install a battery reporting app like Battery Sense, then monitor your phone's power consumption rate. The culprit can be related to your phone's data connection.

Florin Anghel

Banned
Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I can say that it usually last 36hours or at least 24hours with usage like checking news, 2 or 3 websites launched from the people hub, showing some facebook pictures that were posted, playing a game or two, like wordament or Archer etc. I have 4 e-mail accounts, fb, twitter, vimeo, metrotube, imdb, Skype installed as apps.
but keep in mind that I have 3G data connection off cause I'm roaming so this is only on Wi-Fi through out the whole day.
When I go home I don't usually keep it with 3G on all the time, because if I do after exactly 24hours I have to charge it. I only enable 3G when I leave the house, otherwise wherever I go I have Wi-Fi in the city.

barne19801

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
My phone lasts me from 5:30am to at least 10pm. That's with location on and 3g on, lock screen 30 seconds, probably 3hrs screen on time. I would say 16-17 hrs fairly heavy usage.

Alexis Dover

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

When your the "data connection" is turned on, does this mean that the phone is constantly connected to the internet? becuase on other phones, you can select data to be on, then it would connect when you use an internet based app.

I say this because i see the H or G symbol next to the signal indicator and i think its connected. So i turned data off and the battery was sweeet! If it is the case that its connected all the time, thats crazy, surely it can simply ask you to turn it on when you want to access the internet via a app? Same goes for the Wifi, if this is on, is it constantly searching?? Surely it can just search when you open the browser or app store?

I dont want connections to be on all the time, and i dont want to have to manually go to settings to switch them on everytime i want to connect!

Also, if you turn data connection off, does this mean that you cannot use 3g or 4g to make a no data phone call?? Because in some places the only connection possible is 3g instead of standard UMTS.

Hopefully some one can clear this up for me.

Battery is def better when they are off completely!

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Strange.
I have everything ON (except Tap to Send). 6 Mail boxes (3 with push). Screen brightness at Medium level.
2 days (if I restart my phone twice per day :)
I have strange issue with my battery. When I see it at 30%, I restart phone and bump! Battery at 50%. Same jump can bee seen from 50 to 70. So, just restarting the phone , I can use it for 2 days.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers