Shattered HTC 8X Screen. Lets fix this togther.

Sam Sabri

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
A shattered screen is never fun, especially when you don't have a warranty. So I think together we should fix this screen. I've never really done this, but I think can handle it. Give me recommendations on what parts to buy and any guides to follow. In return I'll make a video showing the process to help anybody out in the future.

8X Screen 2.jpg
So, what piece or pieces do I need to buy? Any part numbers I should look for?
What tools will I need? Any guides already out there? Etc.

If you help me, I help you. Anyone who contributes a useful link or post will automatically be thrown into a pool to receive an 8X case. That's right, help me and you could get a case for you 8X from the Windows Phone Central Store. This isn't a site contest or anything, just a way for me to say thank you for helping me help a friend out.

Let's do this.

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Give me a mo while I go search for the links.
I'm not in for the prize, just wanna help someone out. Was searching for ways to change the 8X's color when I came across a few shattered screen threads. BRB.

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I know this isn't exactly what u want to hear but here is what I just read on this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP4pgOlOHZ8&sns=em. "Thank you for your message. It is verry difficult to replace the Display, you can easily break the LCD. We recommend you to replace the Full module, it's more expensive but safer to do. There is a good chance that you damage the LCD and Digitizer" :'( sorry about your phone man...

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
This guy seems to break it up really good for other parts needing to be fixed tho, but even he recommends not replacing the screen :/ so sorry man, iunno...

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
etradesupply,com and use coupon code LE55 for a discount, they have 10% off this screen at the moment

don't know there costs at the moment though. But if you haven't got one yet worth checking out.

PhrenicSystems

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Looks like that is just the LCD. When you price the LCD plus the digitizer it works out to be roughly the same as the one I posted on ebay but you would have to put it together. These are still coming from china though so shipping might take a bit.

Any idea what this means though?

* There are two versions of lcd display for HTC 8X(long flex and short flex version). Please confirm which is the right one for you before you buy. This item is the short flex version for HTC 8X phone.

PhrenicSystems

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
LCD Display + Touch Screen Digitizer For HTC Windows Phone 8X LTE C625e C625b | eBay

I message the company selling these. They say they are new and original (OEM) and come assembled. Might be an option if you think you are going to break your LCD getting the digitizer off. I have actually picked up a replacement 8X on the cheap so I am going to to try and get the glass off the LCD of my broken one. I will take some pictures and write up a report when I do it.

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
LCD Display + Touch Screen Digitizer For HTC Windows Phone 8X LTE C625e C625b | eBay

I message the company selling these. They say they are new and original (OEM) and come assembled. Might be an option if you think you are going to break your LCD getting the digitizer off. I have actually picked up a replacement 8X on the cheap so I am going to to try and get the glass off the LCD of my broken one. I will take some pictures and write up a report when I do it.
That sounds like a great idea. Even though I have a l920 I'm interested to see how it turns out for you ��

PhrenicSystems

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I took mine apart on the weekend. It is not that hard to get apart but like it has been said you are probably going to need to get the LCD and the Glass as one because I couldn't get them apart without damaging the LCD. I actually think the LCD was damaged taking the back cover off. It accidentally turned on when I was trying to get the back cover off. I think the flexing of the phone damaged the LCD along the crack line of the glass as there was some discoloration there that wasn't after the initial damage to the glass.

I haven't decided whether I am going to replace the screen or not as I already have a replacement. I might do it just for fun to see how it goes. If I get it backup and running then I have a backup phone.

Jonathan Wright1

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Edit: You can't separate the glass realistically. I replaced the whole screen/LCD but now I'm looking for a replica adhesive to get the screen flush again (it goes flush with a little pressure). It wasn't that hard of a job to be honest.

Anyone got any ideas about a suitable adhesive?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb