Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Ok, SO I am a long time watcher, 1st time writer, so be nice. How are you guys handling the limited memory on the HTC 8x? I had the Lumia 822 on Verizon but that was crap so they upgraded me to the 8x. Now I all my pictures in the skydrive, 1 downloaded map (about 2.5 gb for US) , some music (I have only the essentials and its still almost 3 gb)system:2.5 gb, apps:765mb and other:4.42gb.
    I feel like 4 gb left is not enough, when I had my iphone and 820 I always had atleast 8.
    Any constructive thoughts?
    I've never been one to use up a lot of space on my phone. I keep like 100-200 songs on my device and if I need any others I'll just stream them! Downloaded a map as well and take lots of videos (snowboarding). I've got 1.88GB free
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT
    Thanked by:

I dont put music on my phone anymore and I have a **** ton of space now, when I do want music I use Cloudmuzik or something else
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    I have 7.9GB free, but I don't have any music stored on the device, just a couple podcasts. I also don't have any maps downloaded, but do take a lot of pictures. For all my music needs, I usually use subsonic for streaming my own library or spotify for internet radio.
    wp_ss_20130212_0001.png
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT

I have about 9GB left because all my music is streamed and all photos I have are on SkyDrive, which frees up space on my device for just apps, which I only have ~900MB of.

wp_ss_20130212_0001.png

I rely on Xbox Music for all my music and Skydrive for all other files. For the most part only files that I keep on the phone are photos that I happen to take with the phone. I also use a 2 TB Buffalo LinkStation at home and the Webaccess app available on Windows Phone to have access to every document that exists on my home computer.
    Phone: Nokia Lumia Icon, LG G2, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x
    Media Player: Zune HD 32 x 2, Zune 120, Zune 80
    Tablet: Microsoft Surface 2 64Gb, Microsoft Surface RT 64Gb, IPad Air, Archos 101, Archos 70

I don't put music on my phone. I carry an old 64GB iPhone 4S for that.

The 8X is my go-to phone for phoning, social, weather, messaging and most other smartphone duties, but when it comes to audio (either music or audio books), I use my iPhone (and that's backed up by a 160GB iPod Classic).

Streaming sounds all great and everything, but my place of work doesn't have WiFi, and I could easily blow through my download cap if I streamed all day, every day.

I use up almost all my memory with music. Then a few games, all others through SkyDrive. You really learn what apps you really want, need or use with limited space.
    I was worried about that, and it almost made me go with the 822, but I am ecstatic that I went with the 8X and now all the benefits and performance make up for lack of space.
    Sent from my wicked sexy HTC 8X windows phone using Board Express