Memory_8X

devanm44

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Ok, SO I am a long time watcher, 1st time writer, so be nice. How are you guys handling the limited memory on the HTC 8x? I had the Lumia 822 on Verizon but that was crap so they upgraded me to the 8x. Now I all my pictures in the skydrive, 1 downloaded map (about 2.5 gb for US) , some music (I have only the essentials and its still almost 3 gb)system:2.5 gb, apps:765mb and other:4.42gb.
I feel like 4 gb left is not enough, when I had my iphone and 820 I always had atleast 8.
Any constructive thoughts?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I've never been one to use up a lot of space on my phone. I keep like 100-200 songs on my device and if I need any others I'll just stream them! Downloaded a map as well and take lots of videos (snowboarding). I've got 1.88GB free

sportrckr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have 7.9GB free, but I don't have any music stored on the device, just a couple podcasts. I also don't have any maps downloaded, but do take a lot of pictures. For all my music needs, I usually use subsonic for streaming my own library or spotify for internet radio.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I have about 9GB left because all my music is streamed and all photos I have are on SkyDrive, which frees up space on my device for just apps, which I only have ~900MB of.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
wp_ss_20130212_0001.png

I rely on Xbox Music for all my music and Skydrive for all other files. For the most part only files that I keep on the phone are photos that I happen to take with the phone. I also use a 2 TB Buffalo LinkStation at home and the Webaccess app available on Windows Phone to have access to every document that exists on my home computer.

drbanks

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't put music on my phone. I carry an old 64GB iPhone 4S for that.

The 8X is my go-to phone for phoning, social, weather, messaging and most other smartphone duties, but when it comes to audio (either music or audio books), I use my iPhone (and that's backed up by a 160GB iPod Classic).

Streaming sounds all great and everything, but my place of work doesn't have WiFi, and I could easily blow through my download cap if I streamed all day, every day.

absonj

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I use up almost all my memory with music. Then a few games, all others through SkyDrive. You really learn what apps you really want, need or use with limited space.
I was worried about that, and it almost made me go with the 822, but I am ecstatic that I went with the 8X and now all the benefits and performance make up for lack of space.
Sent from my wicked sexy HTC 8X windows phone using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss