Loss of Data Connection on ATT

rdifiori

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
For the last few days my 8x had been losing its data connection. I have to turn off/on, reboot, or turn airplane mode on/off to get data back.

This was not occurring prior to the last few days, and my app list and settings have been static.

Is anyone else in Orange County, CA experiencing this?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else with a different AT&T device experience the same problem in the same place? For instance, is there another family member having that problem in your house, or a co-worker having that problem in your office?

Have you called AT&T?

rdifiori

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for responding. I have 4 other ATT lines: two iPhones, a BB, and a Nokia flip. My 8x is the only one having issues. I haven't called ATT yet but will.
Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for responding. I have 4 other ATT lines: two iPhones, a BB, and a Nokia flip. My 8x is the only one having issues. I haven't called ATT yet but will.
Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express
Are the iPhones the 5 or earlier models?

I'm thinking there could be issues with handoff between LTE/3G not going smoothly, which is causing dropping data. If it's not happening with the other devices, but those devices are not LTE devices, that could indeed be the case. If it's iPhone 5 (which is LTE) and it's not happening with iPhone 5, then it might be something wrong with the 8X.

Hopefully AT&T will have a solution.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss