Good Service from HTC UK Repair

olivercorb

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Just thought i'd let people know my experience getting my 8X body issues fixed with HTC UK.

My device was showing nearly all of the known issues with the blue 8X - body staining, soft touch coating coming off, creaking, light leaking, etc.

Spoke to someone on the live chat support system, and after putting the initial issue in the box, they instantly said they'd get it repaired, LITERALLY no questions asked. After this initial chat on the Friday, UPS came on Monday to collect the phone. Checked the tracking system on Wednesday and it was finished in repair to be sent out today. It just arrived and it seems they have completely replaced the back panel, and the difference is amazing. the soft touch cover is a lot less 'tactile' shall i say. Not as 'rough' as the original felt, still matte and soft touch, but the look is exactly the same. It also feels like it is made from a stronger material; before, pressing on the back would cause it to bend inwards and creak, but pressing on this one won't budge anything. All the creaks are gone on the sides and bottom, the light leak issue is completely gone: there is even no light coming from the Micro USB port which seems to have been fitted much better. My camera module also seemed to move around if touched, which has also been fixed.

To cut a long story short, it seems like a significant change has been made with the new back casing being supplied, so if you are experiencing any issues it is definitely worth your while sending it off. I was expecting a wait of over 2 weeks but 3 days is brilliant, and i can't fault HTC at all for their support system. Seems they've fixed their abysmal service from a couple of years back!

Metrosity

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I had a different issue with my 8X, mine started boot looping constantly so I sent it off (turns out it wasn't the software, the motherboard was fried) after two weeks of waiting due to them needing parts they ordered for my phone, I got a pretty much brand new phone back. There's no longer any flex on the back and case actually looks blue instead of a purplish colour, good job HTC!

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Great to see HTC working to become a better support group. Keep it up HTC! Sure, I'm happy with my Nokia but if HTC and Nokia work together on purely Windows Phone I think they can become an epic WP duopoly.

olivercorb

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually quite surprised that they outdid Nokia on my repair. I sent my Lumia 800 off last year because my microphone suddenly died. Sent on the Monday, back by Wednesday so quick turnaround but in repairing the device, they damaged the edges between screen and body where they had to lever it out, and didn't reseat the screen properly just enough that the sides stuck up and could be felt. I was getting the 8X pretty soon after so I didn't think it would be worth sending it back to them, so I've just left it. since then the microphone issue has come back as well!

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Creaking is an official, known, issue? Mine creaks whenever I press lightly on the area below the volume button, on the back, and almost everywhere!

olivercorb

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Don't know about official but I've seen it mentioned somewhere on the web. that sounds similar to the creaking I had! on the back to the left of the HTC logo (if looking at the back of the phone) on the right hand side halfway between the camera button and the volume rocker, and both sides of the micro usb port. They're all fixed now and it feels much better put together.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss