Is y HTC 8X spying on me?

JBenny5781

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
This is very weird to me and please bear with the story. It seems like this phone is spying on my activity.

I'm in the middle of playing a game on my xbox....skyrim.

Every now and then I hit a spot where I look up on the net (on my phone) how to do something and have noticed a strange trend. When I hit the search button (magnifying glass) and do a bing search. I'll just type in a few things like "how to beat" then the automatic kicks in and 90% of the time is knows exactly what I'm looking to beat. Last night I went to search, "how to beat Arcano". Before I even typed in "Arcano" it filled it out for me. This morning at work (away from the xbox) I try to do this same search, but "arcano" does not fill out, it just randomly picks things. This has happened a few times and the searches always seem to know where I'm at in the game progress.

Is this phone spying on my daily activity? this is wierd to me and not sure that I like it.

srmccoy

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Not entirely sure it's your phone doing the spying. Most likely you are logged into the same Microsoft account on both your phone and your xbox, so it's just using the data it collects to provide more relevant results to you in Bing. Log into your MS account on a PC and try doing a Bing search while playing a game and see what happens.

dol4er

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It is not that hard to achieve.

Just take a look at the Google Adsense ads on almost every website and you will notice that they also know what you are looking for ;) In other words, the collect information about your interests through the cookies of the websites you have visited before and use them to show you relevant ads. Similar thing happens here, I guess.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2