Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Global Posts
    1,696 Global Posts
    For those that browse all platform forums, are there any where someone isn't complaining battery life? I've never found any. Just curious.
    JerseySal likes this.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I disable the HTC background task and I do not use the HTC lock screen. Wouldn't that be enough? How much of a change will there be if I delete it? I can go all day with normal use.

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    I deleted the HTC app last night, but I haven't noticed a big difference in my battery today. I'm about where I always am on battery level this time of the evening. :-/

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I have the HTC app running uninhibited and I usually have about 40% left at the end of the day.
    RSM for VZW
    Phone history: HTC Trophy, Droid Razr, Curve 9370, HTC Rezound, HTC 8X Blue, HTC 8X VZW Employee Edition, LG Intuition, Nokia Lumia 928 White, LG G2, Droid Ultra VZW Employee Edition, iPhone 5S

Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    It's an alternative, I'm not saying that you MUST remove to get great battery life, just that MAYBE your battery life will improve after uninstalling.

Etphoto: I'm not complaining, actually..

PIN
    No
    I was already pretty satisfied with my battery life but I tried this anyway just to see, and it's been AMAZING so far! Nice tip!

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Yea I really don't see much of a difference. My battery has always been good and it is still the same
    -Verizon HTC 8x Blue

No difference to me. Battery life is pretty similar, in other words good!

Global Posts
    1,696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jiayit View Post

Etphoto: I'm not complaining, actually..
    That's true. You weren't complaining. Sorry I made that suggestion.

Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    That's true. You weren't complaining. Sorry I made that suggestion.
    it's okay, too many complains about battery life on WPCentral, so we just automatically assume everyone's unhappy. I'm guilty of it too.

I noticed a significant change in battery performance after I forced the 7.8 update on my Arrive. After deleting the HTC app and using the phone for a couple days, I would say that I'm nearly back to my "old" battery performance. Before I deleted the app, I would have to charge during the day to make it thru, now back to a nightly charge. Thanks for the suggestion to uninstall it.

I moderately use the phone and go through 2 days without charging... HTC app running just fine. It's a smartphone, if I removed all apps to save battery I can just as easily go back to my SE w800 that lasted whole week. I used to charge Desire at the end of every day so this battery life is great, stop with the complaints already :D

Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nenomk2 View Post
    I moderately use the phone and go through 2 days without charging... HTC app running just fine. It's a smartphone, if I removed all apps to save battery I can just as easily go back to my SE w800 that lasted whole week. I used to charge Desire at the end of every day so this battery life is great, stop with the complaints already :D
    I have extremely heavy usage at home, streaming videos, browsing the web etc, and to be able to have it last me through the day with heavy usage is quite a surprise to me. I don't use the app anyway, it just sits in on my home screen, showing the time.

I removed the app because I didn't have a need for it. I did this on day 2 of getting my 8X, so I can't compare before/after of removing it. I am able to last from the morning (approx. 8am) to about 11pm before I get the critical battery popup. This is with heavy usage as well, so I think that's damn impressive. My GNex was at the same stage of battery at 2-3pm with medium usage that my 8X is at 11pm, so I'm very happy with it.

Global Posts
    1,696 Global Posts
    What the heck. I just removed mine as well.

I works for me! Have no idea what the app was doing in the background since every function was turned off but who cares.......... Great tip!

Shall I do it? I actually like the HTC app. Lock screen shows temperature and weather so I don't have to turn the device on and the live tile shows the time really big which I also love. Willing to give up a great battery life for it. Nevertheless the battery life isn't so good anyway because al of the apps using push and live tiles.

Quote Originally Posted by DenniSundaY View Post
    Shall I do it? I actually like the HTC app. Lock screen shows temperature and weather so I don't have to turn the device on and the live tile shows the time really big which I also love. Willing to give up a great battery life for it. Nevertheless the battery life isn't so good anyway because al of the apps using push and live tiles.
    I'd say go for it. Worst case scenario, you redownload it.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    7,539 Global Posts
    Wouldn't be blocking the background task enough? I have just blocked it, because I'm always interested in potential updates.

I'm testing it tomorrow. I deleted the app and i am fully charging the phone and tomorrow we will see. It was a real pain for me to delete the app because i was very attached to it. To see the weather in your lock screen, so useful!

I installed Portico and uninstalled the HTC app (I previously had the background tasks blocked). I don't know if it was one or the other (or both). but my battery life is AMAZING. With moderate use, I have 47% left after being off the chaged for 20 hours.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I will uninstall it just for fun but not sure what to replace the tile with. Have everything the way I like it right now. ;)

Tried putting some weather apps in place but its just not the same. I will just keep HTC app.
    Last edited by segadc; 02-23-2013 at 01:19 PM.

It didn't worked at al for me. My battery is draining so fast that removing the htc app doesn't make any difference. So i installed it again ;)

Global Posts
    864 Global Posts
    I just removed all the cities besides my own in the weather section, only have 4 stocks that I own and have all the new subscriptions removed.

If you have all the default things still set... thats A LOT of date feeds that you most likely don't use.
    Developer

I just uninstalled it. Let's see what happens!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12