Just got a Verizon 8X

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I bought both the 822 and the 8X at a great price, so I will soon be selling the one I like the least. Looks like the 8X is staying so far. :winktongue:

tzH6TSe.jpg

ImAdrian23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Tbh I always said the 822 looks awful but in your pic it looks damn stunning. I love my Californian Blue 8X but I wouldn't mind having the 822. However 8x > 822.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I know they havent gone OTA, but the Samsung ATIV Odyssey ships with Portico, so it is definitely approved on their network (my collegue got one to test on our corporate network earlier this week).

Kind of ridiculous they won't go OTA with it given the ATIV has it, luckily my 8x has not had any of the problems many other people have experienced

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Verizon let me get an 8X as a replacement after problems with two 822's and I'm very pleased with it. If it had an SD slot it would be perfect.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
What'd ya pay for the 8x ? Just wondering...I got one for $175 (minty) that was still under warranty. I thought I got one of the best deals on the internet on this phone....

devanm44

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Verizon let me get an 8X as a replacement after problems with two 822's and I'm very pleased with it. If it had an SD slot it would be perfect.

Same here, they replaced my 822 twice and then finally gave me the HTC 8x. I like this phone better, miss the size (like bigger phones) but this is a better device.

JJinNYC

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Same here dude. Bought a black 8x along with a white Lumia 822 for the gf. I'm an android person, I hope I don't regret this. The news out of Skype was pretty discouraging. A big WTF moment. Well I'm gonna give this Windows Phone thing a shot since I was getting tired of Android anyway and see how it goes. If MS doesn't get it's **** together by the time the Galaxy S IV comes out it's adios Windows Phone.

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Another question. Is the VZ version a Global Phone, aka taking a SIM card? I was wondering this in case I buy one for use with T-Mobile/MetroPCS in the future.

ItsMrMark

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Same here dude. Bought a black 8x along with a white Lumia 822 for the gf. I'm an android person, I hope I don't regret this. The news out of Skype was pretty discouraging. A big WTF moment. Well I'm gonna give this Windows Phone thing a shot since I was getting tired of Android anyway and see how it goes. If MS doesn't get it's **** together by the time the Galaxy S IV comes out it's adios Windows Phone.

You'll be back :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12