Verizon 8X owners...getting OS update today?

sportrckr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Mine sat at the 'Preparing to install - 100%' screen for about 5 min before giving me the option to install. Sitting at the spinning gears right now, hopefully it doesn't take much longer

UPDATE: The spinning gears only took about another 5-8 min for me, rebooted after that and went to the Almost Done screen for data migration. Another 5-8 min after that, phone booted up and everything looks good.

Last edited:

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I ended up taking my phone to the local Verizon store down the street. After being talked down to while the guy tried to reset my phone (which it would do on its own every few minutes), he, too, finally gave up and ordered me a new one. Glad I'm the only one that has had this problem, though. I honestly think it might be related to my SIM card. I've had troubles with it since day one.

Kirkland Chik

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
My phone reboots every 5 mins after the Portico update was installed. Funny enough, I had an error this morning that my sim card wasn't recognized. Anyone have this issue & resolved it without ordering a new phone?

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
My phone reboots every 5 mins after the Portico update was installed. Funny enough, I had an error this morning that my sim card wasn't recognized. Anyone have this issue & resolved it without ordering a new phone?

This is what my phone did...probably more frequently than 5 minutes, though. I ended up resetting the phone and after that, it wouldn't fully boot up at all. I wouldn't suggest doing that, lol.

Harmdizzle

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, guys, but can you help me out with something? I'm not noticing any of the updates, even though my phone successfully updated this afternoon. I'm not seeing a group text like in the screenshot, the IE options aren't showing up either. And what the heck...mp3 support for ringtones? I think we've had that since day one. Am I missing something, or does this update seem like nothing?

Oh...I guess the wi-fi thing for me is working. So there's ONE thing that actually updated.

sportrckr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, guys, but can you help me out with something? I'm not noticing any of the updates, even though my phone successfully updated this afternoon. I'm not seeing a group text like in the screenshot, the IE options aren't showing up either. And what the heck...mp3 support for ringtones? I think we've had that since day one. Am I missing something, or does this update seem like nothing?

Oh...I guess the wi-fi thing for me is working. So there's ONE thing that actually updated.

When you receive a call, you should also be able to see a new option under the Answer and Ignore buttons for 'Reply with Text Message'

Booston

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
My phone worked great (except the problem with voice control disabling mic and speaker) but since the upgrade it locks up all the time. I have done the soft reset, hard reset and restore. Nothing fixes it, I even had it lockup doing the restore a few times. Will need to get a new SIM to see if that is it as I can't even use it anymore :(

Billy Brackeen

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I received the update this morning. It appears that my audio issues are resolved. Prior to the update playing music (local MP3, spotify, web) would have a very faint crackle, pop in both channels especially in lower volume musical pasages.

I noticed a beats audio update was pushed last night as well. As of now audio is crystal clear, very happy as that was my only complaint (and for me a big one)!

wescoerg

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So far I've had good luck with the update. My phone had never had issues before outside of the missed call beeps on silent and poor bluetooth quality. Since the update, I've heard from two people that I sound clearer when using the car bluetooth.

Now hopefully they launch it for 822 soon.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I believe I have seen that before the update.

Unfortunately group messaging is still not available.
You can actually. You either send a group text, and get reply as in a individual thread, or invite someone into a conversation but has to be on msnlive and skype when it was available earlier.

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
You can actually. You either send a group text, and get reply as in a individual thread, or invite someone into a conversation but has to be on msnlive and skype when it was available earlier.
The individual text replies was available before the update. Are we talking about the same thing? :confused:

ut_jd

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I've never had a single reboot issue with my 8x, after this update, my phone just had its first ever random reboot. Needless to say, I'm very nervous now...

I updated my Verizon 8X and it is rebooting every two minutes or so (it has done it six times)....I am hard resetting it now.

It should be noted that I updated it over Wifi.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
When I text my friend (AT&T -> Verizon) it cuts the message in two if it's really long. So if I send him a really long URL he won't be able to tap the link. Is that because of carrier to carrier, or could that possibly be fixed in this update with MMS update? When I send a long text to my wife on AT&T it just shows a really long message all together.

toddro6

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
was really hoping for that group text update to come with Portico. I am guessing that it either is never coming or it will come in as some sort of surprise...but I doubt the latter. I might have to go to Verizon tomorrow and complain, even though it won't do any good. Hate to do it though, I like my 8x a lot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923