Portico update on Verizon does NOT fix missed call beep

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
FYI, anyone still following this thread. Software update target date is sometime in June to fix this particular issue. Could be sooner or later but they gave me February as the first update timeframe for another issue altogether and it was accurate. We will see. I work for VZ so don't expect every rep you talk to to know this. In fact don't even ask please. LOL. I'll share what I find out as I'm pretty invested in this matter.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I've had my 8x since launch on VZW. I've never heard this. But I also don't use the Verizon VM. I've setup a you mail account and use the magikmail (paid) app to manage my VM. So I don't know if this is something that avoids it or not. I just get a count on the phone tile. And if I get a VM a count on the magikmail tile.

anon(5716633)

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I had to return my 8X because of this issue. It is frustrating having to turn my phone off all of the time to avoid it beeping. Another asinine thing is that you can't specify vibrate off when silent while having it on at other volume levels. Vibrate is either always on or always off. So even if the beep issue didn't exist, this phone would still be annoying for me because I need my phone to be completely silent at times, but at other times I want it to vibrate without having to go in and change sound settings.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I had to return my 8X because of this issue. It is frustrating having to turn my phone off all of the time to avoid it beeping. Another asinine thing is that you can't specify vibrate off when silent while having it on at other volume levels. Vibrate is either always on or always off. So even if the beep issue didn't exist, this phone would still be annoying for me because I need my phone to be completely silent at times, but at other times I want it to vibrate without having to go in and change sound settings.

I agree with you about the vibrate/silent thing. I can't stand that the volume is global. I'd like at the very least for media and calls to have separate volume settings, but the vibrate on one setting while.just silent on another would be amazing(for instance: vibration on email and tone on SMS)

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I had almost forgotten about this until I missed a call today while my phone was on silent... I looked at the device update list and it was moved to July -_-'

The only promising news is that T-Mobile and the unlocked devices are getting updates soon so perhaps some truth to it this time.

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Well, I waited through June for the update, still no fix and have another trial starting next week that I have to have a phone in Court, so ended up having to retire the 8x and get a 928. I have to say, so far I like the 8x better - but the audible tone is a deal breaker. Now time to get one of my attorneys to write a letter to Verizon to get part of that full price back.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Well, I waited through June for the update, still no fix and have another trial starting next week that I have to have a phone in Court, so ended up having to retire the 8x and get a 928. I have to say, so far I like the 8x better - but the audible tone is a deal breaker. Now time to get one of my attorneys to write a letter to Verizon to get part of that full price back.

pdch i'm curious... Is this not happening on the 928? Why does it happen on the other Windows Phones on VZW but not that one?

And I've been posting and bugging them about the update but I'm a lowly level 2 tech coordinator. They tell me a date and then it passes. Then they release it when we stop bugging them. Not sure if its Microsoft being slow or Verizon, or both... Thanks for sticking it out.

Edit: What did you do with the 8X? Why are you expecting part of the full price back if you didn't return the phone? All they will do is say there is an update available or coming and you didn't have to buy another phone. Just saying what I hear on a daily basis. Unless you return the phone within 14 days there are no refunds or partial credits unless its ordered. Which may be why you are going the attorney route...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos