- 02-20-2013, 05:23 PM #1
I am seeing that many 8x's are getting stuck during the phone update. A couple of things to remember before you run the update:
1. Make sure you back anything important up (pics, etc) that you could lose
2. Make sure you have plenty of battery. I remember reading several different sources state it is better to run this update off of a fairly full battery, not plugged in
3. Make sure you have enough space to run the update. Several previous users stated they were told by different phone companies that you need to have at least 4GB free for Portico to install successfully.
I did all of the above and my phone updated with no problems. Now if they would just fix that missed call tone!
02-21-2013, 11:17 AM #2
- 164 Posts
Interesting about #2 - hadn't heard that and I did it while it was still plugged in this a.m. before leaving the house and the update went through with no hitches. I'm not seeing the IE setting to disable downloading images - not that I really care about it. But, my "text to reply" option is there.
And I agree - I wish they'd fix the missed call tone.
- By Coolknight1968 in forum HTC 8XReplies: 11Last Post: 12-19-2012, 10:26 PM
- By Dakow#WP in forum HTC 8XReplies: 24Last Post: 12-14-2012, 12:07 PM
- By longlifexs in forum HTC 8XReplies: 2Last Post: 12-09-2012, 06:36 PM
- By castano22 in forum HTC 8XReplies: 4Last Post: 11-23-2012, 11:32 PM
- By Guitarpik in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 9Last Post: 11-08-2012, 10:20 AM