Where are all the CLEAR and PLAIN cases?

vzfa

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi I'm fairly new to this forum so excuse me and please redirect me if I'm in the wrong section.

About two weeks ago, I bought a 8X in limelight yellow. I absolutely loved the color, which was 50% of the reason why I purchased it. About 5 minutes into using my phone I noticed the color of ANYTHING, including dirty fingers, runs off onto the phone. This was not something I noticed while reviewing the unit at a local AT&T store. I also cannot return the phone (nor do I want to) because it is imported. (I'm a T-Mobile subscriber and as many of you may know the yellow version is an AT&T exclusive with only 8GB. The international version comes factory unlocked with 16GB and cost me $20 more than getting an AT&T one in the store and having to purchase an unlock code online, so it was a no-brainer.)

I wish to preserve the color as it is a big reason why I bought the phone. My problem is I cannot find anything that will preserve it whilst displaying completely. I am currently rocking a clear TPU soft case with the S-line:
Amazon.com: Cimo S-Line Back Case Flexible TPU Cover for HTC Windows Phone 8X (AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon) - Clear: Cell Phones & Accessories
I'm not a fan of the smokey matte look that composes 2/3 of the case which also dissolves quite a bit of the phone's color. I purchased this case out of necessity as a temporary case while I looked for a new one. It is also quite bulky.

Here is where I need help. I am looking for a CLEAR and extremely PLAIN case. Most IMPORTANTLY I do not want it to water down the appearance of the color of the phone. I know this is very picky of me but otherwise I would have just gotten the black one instead. I prefer it to be smooth like this one here (and like the other 1/3 of the S-line case that isn't matte):
Amazon.com: EMAXCITY Brand Flexible CLEAR TPU Soft Cover with CHECKER Design Case for HTC 6990 WINDOWS PHONE 8X / ZENITH / ONE ATT/ TMOBILE [WCL403]: Cell Phones & Accessories
My one and ONLY problem with this case is the checkered design. Other than that it would have been perfect.

I realize there is a hard 2-piece snap-on case but I do not like hard cases, especially 2-piece ones.

I want something like this:
Amazon.com: Laza iPhone 5 Slim Jelly Gloss Case Flexible Soft Slim-fit TPU Case Translucent Showoff Design Apple iPhone5 Cases Cover- Clear: Cell Phones & Accessories

I want a smooth, clean, no bumps or designs, plain, non-matte, soft, slim, transparent case. Has anybody seen one?

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
How about this?

fCMUnYa.jpg

TPU Gel Case Back Cover for HTC Windows Phone 8x Transparent | eBay

clbarker10

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Limelight is a green not yellow.
Sorry... Anyways, I had mine for 4 days and I haven't run into this issue besides a little dirt not much else and its easier to wipe off than it is to obtain.

clbarker10

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I've used those gel cases before. They are too thick and look very tacky from the front (much different in person than online). Your best bet would be a Zagg invisishield. It makes your phone glossy and covers every inch with a protective transparent razor thin plastic coating.

I would recommend going to a mall and getting the guy at the zagg kiosk to do it. Keep your receipt in case it peels. Another benefit is that you can sale your phone in a year or 2 and it will still be in immaculate shape.

vzfa

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I've used those gel cases before. They are too thick and look very tacky from the front (much different in person than online). Your best bet would be a Zagg invisishield. It makes your phone glossy and covers every inch with a protective transparent razor thin plastic coating.

I would recommend going to a mall and getting the guy at the zagg kiosk to do it. Keep your receipt in case it peels. Another benefit is that you can sale your phone in a year or 2 and it will still be in immaculate shape.

I used the Invisible Shield on my iPhone 3GS so I know how that material feels. I've thought about it but I'm afraid the shield will deteriorate the soft material of the phone. Have you tried the Invisible Shield on one/yours?

clbarker10

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I used the Invisible Shield on my iPhone 3GS so I know how that material feels. I've thought about it but I'm afraid the shield will deteriorate the soft material of the phone. Have you tried the Invisible Shield on one/yours?

Not yet but when I start getting my financial aid I think I am going to. I've used it on other HTC flagship phones and never had an issue with the paint (red from the EVO and white on...I think it was also an EVO lol) .

Jonnny4

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I use Zagg Invisible Shield's for clear full body coverage. The only thing I am not happy with right now is the fact that they aren't supporting the Windows Phone's with their new High Definition shields and the old one's are a bit "sticky". I did find some cheap colored see through tpu cases for the back. I picked up 8 for $13 on Amazon. I love Zagg's products because they really support them, even going as far as replacing a Zagg skin that I never used for a phone I purchased 2 months ago for free for my new Nokia Lumia 920.

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
The Incipio Feather is a great case. I ordered one in grey for my black 8X and it looks great.

I wish MS Store could ship to Mexico so I can order the Red and the Yellow ones. They look great.

I also have the Doubleshot Hard Shell by HTC in Blue (only color available) and the Incipio DualPro in black.

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
The Incipio Feather is a great case. I ordered one in grey for my black 8X and it looks great.

I wish MS Store could ship to Mexico so I can order the Red and the Yellow ones. They look great.

I also have the Doubleshot Hard Shell by HTC in Blue (only color available) and the Incipio DualPro in black.

Don't get the red one, it looks really faded. I wish I got the black one.

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Don't get the red one, it looks really faded. I wish I got the black one.

I've seen photos of that case posted here the color tone looks good to me. It does seem more on the orange side and kind of faded or rubberized. If the color tone of my grey Feather is any indication of what to expect from the color or faded tone, I'm in for that one as well.

I will take a look again if I decide to buy the red one, though.

Thanks.

vzfa

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I use Zagg Invisible Shield's for clear full body coverage. The only thing I am not happy with right now is the fact that they aren't supporting the Windows Phone's with their new High Definition shields and the old one's are a bit "sticky". I did find some cheap colored see through tpu cases for the back. I picked up 8 for $13 on Amazon. I love Zagg's products because they really support them, even going as far as replacing a Zagg skin that I never used for a phone I purchased 2 months ago for free for my new Nokia Lumia 920.

I really want to try the Zagg skin. My biggest concern is that it will deteriorate the soft material of the phone. I have a limelight yellow 8X so I wish to preserve the color as long as possible. Unlike the darker ones, I cannot simply hope the color blends in, as any color change will be incredibly noticeable. At this point, I am quite skeptical in doing anything with the phone. I have it in a clear case but I'd love to take it off. Does the Invisible Shield and/or the liquid used ruin the phone's material?

vzfa

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Wish I could tell you, being the proud owner of a lime 8x myself...I just don't know.

I know you mentioned waiting for your student aid, but are you currently using a case with your 8x? And if you do plan to the Invisible Shield, when will that be? I honestly don't feel comfortable using it on my phone since it seems so delicate...

clbarker10

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I know you mentioned waiting for your student aid, but are you currently using a case with your 8x? And if you do plan to the Invisible Shield, when will that be? I honestly don't feel comfortable using it on my phone since it seems so delicate...

No i'm not. I actually do plan on adding it...If something happens to the coating then I will demand a replacement due to defectiveness. I've done it before on a phone where the screen was too prone to scratches (some sanyo phone).

vzfa

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
No i'm not. I actually do plan on adding it...If something happens to the coating then I will demand a replacement due to defectiveness. I've done it before on a phone where the screen was too prone to scratches (some sanyo phone).

I've personally applied it to several iPhone 3GS', including my white one (several times, and white ones are annoying since 1 piece of lint will show) and an I am familiar with the sticky nature of the material. I'm not just not sure if it's good for the 8X. I could just be being overly pessimistic but since mine was stained after 5 minutes of use, you can probably understand why in my eyes its incredibly delicate.

I want to try it but my phone was imported and if it is ruined, it's probably going to be pretty inconvenient to ship it back to the vendor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros