Find My Phone Problem

welchpm

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Having a weird issue with Find My Phone; namely I can't get it to work. It says "off" in the main Settings list, but when I click into it to turn it off or on the slider bar is purple and it says on. Windowsphone.com can't find it ...

Any ideas?

sleby

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
i believe it's a safety feature.
if somebody steals your phone and see "find my phone off", he probably won't touch the button.
so it says off, but it's still on and you can track it. mine (and of many others) do the same.

tdb1

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I have a 920, and a few of us have this same problem. It is a glitch, and a WP8 bug since it is happening on more than one device.

Question. Did you get replacement phone and restore from a backup? This is what happend to me and now mine does the same thing.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...menu-but-appears-post1895978.html#post1895978

I have the same problem and mine is a replacement phone (Nokia 920) also. Did not have same glitch with original phone.

stiflingcobra

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Same issue on my Lumia 820... It says off in the setting list but it is actually on.. Been like it since day 1 with the phone... It seems to be just a cosmetic bug and doesn't bother me tbh...

vinscg

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Same on my htc 8s ! Not much of a problem, everything else is fine, just found out i had wifi keep alive after locksreen timeout in advanced section of wifi

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I think it's a WP8 bug as others have said. My 8X sometimes will take long to provide location for an app (4th & Major or Foursquare for example) via cellular data (not WiFi) but it could be my carrier.

The Find My Phone page has tracked my 8X (and my LG Optimus 7 before) without issues the few times I have checked. Installing apps from the Windows Phone Store in a browser most of the time can't "send" the apps to my phone and I receive a link by mail. Even when my phone is always connected to my home Wi-Fi.

I don't know if it has something to do with the Wi-Fi keep alive or not, but there's no reason not to be locate or connect to a phone when it has a reliable internet connection.

welchpm

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Well, go figure today when I checked again it's working! Maybe the Portico update fixed something. Or maybe just toggling it off and on a few times yesterday kickstarted it.

Thx for the suggestions and hints!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism