Warning to those WITHOUT a rebooting problem on Verizon before update

ut_jd

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to post a thread for those who have had perfectly working 8x phones on Verizon, myself and a some others in threads have started experiencing reboots for the first time after Today's OS Portico update. You may want to hold off for a bit and see how things work out for all of us.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
My 8X didn't reboot before the update and so far today it hasn't. Hopefully it will be as good after the update as it was before.

ut_jd

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I had a few right after, now it's been a few hours since my last reboot. Hopefully it was a temporary thing, but what makes me nervous are some of the other people in the other threads discussing similar occurrences to mine. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

sportrckr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I had no problems before the update and I haven't had any problems after the update. There do seem to be a lot of threads and posts about the reboot problem, but it sounds like it's a small percentage compared to those that have no problems.

Workbook89

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I had issues with the 8X I picked up on lauch day -- at least 1 reboot every hour. I swapped it at the local Verizon store after a week, and have not had a single reboot since. The only difference I have noticed with Portico (other than what has been advertised) is GREATLY improved battery life when the HTC app is also removed.

absonj

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
2 months before Portico no reboots. Three days after no reboots. Thankfull my phone has worked great since the day I got it!
Sent from my wicked sexy HTC 8X windows phone using Board Express

smoheath

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have had about five reboots since portico update on Verizon. I had never had one before the update. I'm a lot ticked off.

ut_jd

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Had no problem before, rebootinig 1-2 times an hour now. How can I go back?

I have had about five reboots since portico update on Verizon. I had never had one before the update. I'm a lot ticked off.

The good news is this may pass. I had some initial reboot problems for the first time after installing Portico, but now they have passed. (knock on wood) I have not had a reboot in a couple days now.

ny_yankees

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
The good news is this may pass. I had some initial reboot problems for the first time after installing Portico, but now they have passed. (knock on wood) I have not had a reboot in a couple days now.

Yep same here. After first few hours of installing Portico, I had a reboot here and there and have not had the problem again yet

jMo 8x

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Had one 'morning after' reboot then another one a day later.
But what is worse than a random reboot? Well, how about random screen freezes during (ringtone selection, screen icon move, swiping to apps, in settings)

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
We've 3 8x's in the family. Two've been flawless before AMD after. One has had three freezes in the 5 days since updating. Keeping an eye on, hasn't been to annoying since two of the freezes were immediately when going in to settings right after the update. For the most part very happy with the update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3