HTC 8X strange lag when connected to charger or PC

bribemewithfood

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi all!

Recently bought an 8X international version from HK during my trip there. Loving the WP8! My previous phone was an iPhone 4S.

I have been lurking around this forum for some time now, just wanted to drop in and say Hi to everyone. Hi!

Also a question about this strange issue.

I am currently not using the original HTC charger provided with 8X, because of the Hong Kong style plugs, I am using an aftermarket wall charger with 5V = 1A rating. The same as the original. What's weird is that when I plug it in to charge with the original charger, it makes a confirmation sound and starts charging; but when connected to the aftermarket charger, it takes at least 15 secs to confirm and afterward the whole system just lags.

The lag is sort of strange, it feels very slow, unresponsive, even feels like the tiles are "heavy". I notice that the top shows 3 wavy lines, which should indicate that it is syncing. Does this play a role in the lag? It's an aftermarket wall charger connected to the surge power strip, so not sure what it is trying to sync.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Bribemewithfood

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried to charge it with other wall charger? I bought my 8X from the UK and the outlets in Mexico are different.

I'm using a Duracell wall charger with two outputs and a 2.1a rating. Sometimes, there is a lag of a few seconds before I hear the "charging" tone, but I have never experienced a lag on the OS when connected to that charger or PC/Laptops.

If you don't have other charger around, try to borrow one to rule out the one you have now. If the lad you describe is still present, it may be something with the phone itself or the firmware you have.

bribemewithfood

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks ajua for your reply.

I haven't tried it with other chargers, can I try the iPad charger? Saw on the forums that using the iPad charger is not good for the phone?

Bribemewithfood

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks ajua for your reply.

I haven't tried it with other chargers, can I try the iPad charger? Saw on the forums that using the iPad charger is not good for the phone?

Bribemewithfood

It shouldn't be a problem un less the iPad has a charget that is more than 5 volts. I don't know the specs of that charger but you can try it and see if the OS lag disappears.

LazySunday

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I guess you have a problem with charger grounding. All these phones have capacitive screens which work on charge on the screen. Using a charger with improper grounding disrupts the charge field on screen, thereby affecting the touch response. Please use the original charger provided by the manufacturer or branded ones like Duracell. If you have plug incompatibility, get adapter, but don't use those cheap chargers as they screw up the capacitive screens...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3