HTC 8X keeps freezing

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
3 8x's in my family and 1 of them is freezing only since the update. The other two have been flawless before and after portico. All three Verizon. Freezes seem more prominent when in settings but can happen randomly. Odd why only 1 is having an issue almost seems like something didn't install correctly during the update.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I reset mine last Thursday because it rebooted twice in a 24 hour period. Since then it's been pretty solid except for some keyboard lag every now and then.

thinkdan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Can you guys tell what's the version number of the Portico update? I just bought an 8X and it's coming here tomorrow, so I want to make sure to skip that update to prevent any problems.

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Thinkdan, your 8x should come with it and even if it didn't you would want to install it. Yes, a small number have had problems since the update according to this and other posts, but it seems a very small number in which case the benefits of Portico far outweigh the small risk

beachhoppr

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Mine has recently started freezing and rebooting itself. I never had a problem before the last couple of weeks and now it happens daily. No updates since Portico

Randy Berthiaume

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Happens to me all the time, especially when using the Words With Friends app. It happens other times too. I find it unacceptable and am now inspired to switch to a Nokia.

digitalmetroman

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
I have my HTC 8X for two years now without a single lockup. With the latest update w/ DP .306 I notice it hanging not really locking the whole phone up but just a long hang. Mostly w/ messaging and settings plus some apps (built in). I find that if I just hit the pwr button (to lock the screen) and then press it again and swipe up to unlock the screen what I was working on is no longer locked up, and the phone works well again. Hope this helps.

Jamie Cochrane

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Mine has been doing the same thing, recently my phone has started opening random apps without me doing anything, or playing my music whenever. It's also been changing my volume. I'm not really sure how to stop this or if I need to buy a new phone /: but its been happening ever since the new update. Before the update my phone worked perfectly:cry:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss