HTC 8X keeps freezing

jckund

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have this problem? It only started happening after the update-- I'll be doing something then the screen will freeze and I'll have to reboot it.

busngabb

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have had mine since it came and touch wood I haven't had a single freeze. How do you even reset it given you cant take the battery out? Do you have to wait for the battery to run out?

Strumiker

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Just wanted to chime in that you're not alone - since the update, I've had it lock up three times on me. To reset, you hold down the volume and power buttons for around 10 seconds ( at least that's how long it takes mine). All three times it's occurred while texting. So, now I get lock ups and SIM Card errors :p I miss my Trophy hehe

Make that 4 times, again - just texting - locks up. Frustrating.

Danya Monroig

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
This just started happening to me, too, after the update I got today (which didn't even successfully install.) I've even tried factory resetting my phone to find the freezing getting even more frequent (I couldn't even get through the setup without it freezing, it took me 10 resets to make it through.) I have about 30 seconds before it seems to freeze up and I'm getting so frustrated and really regretting buying this phone. I REALLY hope that there's a solution soon because I'm about to throw my phone into the wall.

arterbizzle

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes mine has froze a few times mostly after listening to Xbox music. All you have to do is hold the power button down for about 10 seconds and it will restart.

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
My has frozen 4 times since yesterday...and it rebooted once a couple of days ago. Prior to the Portico update I had no issues...zero. The freezes have happened while playing Words with Friends (twice), Wordament (once) and while using IE10. The reboot happened while simply scrolling through the home screen. This is unacceptable and is really starting to pi$$ me off.

I am happy to give WP a fair chance...I started with Android, had been using iOS for a year-and-a-half until December when I purchased my 8x. This is obviously a software-related issue and MS needs to fix the bug...soon (as in immediately).

anon(5400142)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Mine has been crashing since yesterday (installed update saturday/sunday i think). Happens randomly with loading something it seems. Just had my 5th crash, more are probably waiting.

Hope they can fix this soon..

Last edited:

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Just experienced my 5th freeze while sending a text tonight. AWESOME...THANKS, PORTICO! I can't believe I eagerly anticipated this update.

When are the Blackberry 10 phones available for purchase n the U.S. again?

busngabb

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Where are you all? I have had Portico a month and haven't had a single freeze, its clearly not a problem that affects all 8Xs. Are you all in the same country or on the same network perhaps? What version are you on?

TylerCassar

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
This happens to me when I'm phoning (either Skype or normal), the screen blanks out and as soon as I try to switch it back on, it goes off again..and I'd have to somehow know if I'd switched it off or not..it's scary at times D:

Fear the Cubans

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I've had this happen a few times...both before and after the update. I think all but one has been while trying to load Words with Friends or AlphaJax...so I have just been chalking it up to those apps.

KREV

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've had very few freezes up until today, but now I've had it restart on its own two or three times and lock up four times. Some happened while I was texting, some happened while I was installing app updates from the store, and one happened while I was trying to launch Words with Friends. Not sure what's causing it, but it's very frustrating. I'm on U.S. T-Mobile.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I've got a Verizon 8X and since Portico my phone is lagging and stuttering. I might have experienced one freeze up, but the main complaint is lagging and stuttering.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire