Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Just a quick heads-up for you 8X owners. The Nokia HERE Maps, Transit and Drive are already in the store on my unbranded 8X in the UK.

They seem to have full account integration with here.net, meaning that you can add a POI on the site and it will sync with your phone! That is one feature which I missed the most from Google Maps.
    Thanked by:
    Duviwpn00b 
    Duvi likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    I see them too =)

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Quote Originally Posted by DonMorris View Post
    Just a quick heads-up for you 8X owners. The Nokia HERE Maps, Transit and Drive are already in the store on my unbranded 8X in the UK.

They seem to have full account integration with here.net, meaning that you can add a POI on the site and it will sync with your phone! That is one feature which I missed the most from Google Maps.
    can you show me your settings>license?
    I would like to know if it is a global license, need to give some advice to another friend. Thanks!

Global Posts
    7,539 Global Posts
    Swiss people don't seem to join the party. The apps are not available for me.

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts
    Exploring the marketplace from my phone didn't show them, but searching for them on IE and clicking the links show them on the store.

I live in Mexico and previously I wasn't able to download the HERE Drive app. I have just installed HERE Maps, HERE Drive and HERE Transit.

I think not all countries are available as of now, but anyone can try searching the web if they don't appear on your phone's store.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Is it just for WP8 devices :O

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zephyrwala View Post
    Is it just for WP8 devices :O
    That's right. WP8 devices only.

Updates are also showing up in the store on my unbranded 920 in the UK. Thanks for the heads up!

Global Posts
    7,539 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ajua View Post
    I think not all countries are available as of now, but anyone can try searching the web if they don't appear on your phone's store.
    Yeah, they are in the store, they just don't allow me to install it. The good old "This app is not available for your device." message.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chregu View Post
    Yeah, they are in the store, they just don't allow me to install it. The good old "This app is not available for your device." message.
    Yeah. I tried to install City Lens on my Verizon 8X and it told me that the app uses features that my phone doesn't have. So sad :(

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    And it is not available in the Netherlands :(

I wish i could change the Windows Store OEM ...

Works here in the Netherlands!

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Downloaded all the Here apps with my VZW HTC 8X!

Global Posts
    870 Global Posts
    Got them on my AT&T 8X here in Philadelphia. Shame we don't get city lens too but the Transit App was the only one I cared about anyway. So, I'm pleased to have it. :)

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Miesjh View Post
    Works here in the Netherlands!
    With an HTC device?

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fullcircle_bflo View Post
    Yeah. I tried to install City Lens on my Verizon 8X and it told me that the app uses features that my phone doesn't have. So sad :(
    This is interesting though because it's a different unavailable message than we'd normally get. It specifically states it doesn't work because it doesn't support 720p which leads me to believe that it's no longer technically exclusive but didn't make it compatible (yet) with resolutions that Nokia phones don't support. Someone with an 8S or other non-Nokia WVGA device needs to test this out.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Installed Drive+ over the weekend. Awesome app, turn by turn was perfect.

Will Place Tag be a Nokia app or a HERE app?

Got them as well. Search for either Nokia or here in the search bar on the store. Just trying to find them on the store is like impossible something ms needs to work on like a complete overhaul of its g
    Store... HTC 8x T-Mobile.
    Went From a IPhone 3G (2008) to a Samsung Galaxy S w/ CyanMod.. ICS 4.0 (2010) to a HTC 8x (11/17/12).. To a Nokia Lumia 925 (7/26/13)
    Here Drive doesnt work here, licence error thing..

Unbranded HTC 8X with Hi as provider (Netherlands)

So Here Maps, Drive, and Transit are ALL available to download on an HTC 8X as well?

Quote Originally Posted by B_RAD89 View Post
    So Here Maps, Drive, and Transit are ALL available to download on an HTC 8X as well?
    yes
    Went From a IPhone 3G (2008) to a Samsung Galaxy S w/ CyanMod.. ICS 4.0 (2010) to a HTC 8x (11/17/12).. To a Nokia Lumia 925 (7/26/13)

Quote Originally Posted by KeegdnaB42 View Post
    This is interesting though because it's a different unavailable message than we'd normally get. It specifically states it doesn't work because it doesn't support 720p which leads me to believe that it's no longer technically exclusive but didn't make it compatible (yet) with resolutions that Nokia phones don't support. Someone with an 8S or other non-Nokia WVGA device needs to test this out.
    I would guess that, it is because HTC's WP8 phones doesn't have a gyroscope. It does have compass and accelerometer, but if the app is written to use the data from all 3 sensors(gyro, acc, compass) it doesn't work. Someone with Samsung Ativ which has all 3 might want to test if it works.

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanBB1 View Post
    I would guess that, it is because HTC's WP8 phones doesn't have a gyroscope. It does have compass and accelerometer, but if the app is written to use the data from all 3 sensors(gyro, acc, compass) it doesn't work. Someone with Samsung Ativ which has all 3 might want to test if it works.
    If that were the case it would have said so. It specifically stated it only supported 480x800 and 1280x768

Here maps works in Serbia too on HTC 8X, hence I think that maps should work in all countries.
    I whish i could say the same for other Here apps.
    Last edited by nbumbic; 02-26-2013 at 04:21 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast