Verizon Suspending Sales ??

spoonite

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I just went to two different verizon stores today since my long-awaited upgrade is finally here, and one didn't have the 8X in stock and the other told me that they were not allowed to sell it even though they had it in stock, due to verizon suspending sales so they could work on a fix for the reboot cycle. They told me it would be suspended online, but I just put my order through seemingly fine for a black 8X online. Anyone know anything about this?

Torch4x4

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
When I ordered mine in December it was almost the same, they canceled my online order because it was out of stock, then I called and ordered the 8x by phone... the sales person on the phone said it never went out of stock online...

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Sales of the phone are not suspended. I'm sorry you guys had such trouble but Verizon doesn't just "suspend" phone sales. It is a very highly rated phone and it would never get suspended over reboots. Any idea how many Android phones would get suspended for bugs like that?

busngabb

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The reboot problem was fixed completely with an update months ago. I highly doubt that is a genuine reason.

What is far more likely is that the store didn't have any in stock and rather than let you walk out without a sale, the salesperson fed you a lie so you would choose another device instead.

Get the 8X though, its a far better device than the Lumia 920 in my humble opinion, its definitely a lot more stable than the 920 feels alot better in the hand.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
The reboot problem was fixed completely with an update months ago. I highly doubt that is a genuine reason.

What is far more likely is that the store didn't have any in stock and rather than let you walk out without a sale, the salesperson fed you a lie so you would choose another device instead.

Get the 8X though, its a far better device than the Lumia 920 in my humble opinion, its definitely a lot more stable than the 920 feels alot better in the hand.

I'm not quite sure you understand how Verizon's commission structure works. The 8X is an amazing sales opportunity accessory wise. And I know they have them in stock. The only Windows Phone a store has ever ran out of was the 822.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm not quite sure you understand how Verizon's commission structure works. The 8X is an amazing sales opportunity accessory wise. And I know they have them in stock. The only Windows Phone a store has ever ran out of was the 822.

Just curious, you guys sold more 822 then 8x?

DigitalDK

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I just went to two different verizon stores today since my long-awaited upgrade is finally here, and one didn't have the 8X in stock and the other told me that they were not allowed to sell it even though they had it in stock, due to verizon suspending sales so they could work on a fix for the reboot cycle. They told me it would be suspended online, but I just put my order through seemingly fine for a black 8X online. Anyone know anything about this?

I work for a Verizon retailer in sales and I can assure you that this is not the case. I'm more than positive this representative who told you this more than likely just doesn't want to sell the Windows Phone devices due to another preference choice or just out of ignorance. There hasn't been a single message on the boards or email saying a single thing about the suspension of this device. I've sold at least 5 in the past two weeks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos