Latitude attitude

Dell Latitude 7280 is a business laptop with tons of consumer attitude

4K all the way

You probably don't NEED a 4K webcam, but we love Logitech's BRIO 4K anyway

Long live Windows phone

Contrary to popular belief, Windows phone won't die anytime soon

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 20 of 20
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By DonMorris
  • 1 Post By gapost
  • 2 Post By gapost
  • 1 Post By lhqx108x
  1. orthocenter's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    so after the update I have been getting amazing battery life...I had a concern a few days ago, but I think it was with my battery app, and not the battery.
    I have only lost 11% all day/evening. This is after a phone call, data always on, texting, etc...seems to good to be true!
  2. DonMorris's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    Mine has also improved significantly. For some extra juice I found that disabling the Xbox Music and "Sync game requests" options work wonders.
    yasir ali2 and berty6294 like this.
  3. GreenScrew's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    284 Posts
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #3  
    Yep, pretty impressive indeed!
  4. lhqx108x's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  
    Without gaming my HTC can last 2 days with normal usage, call,text,browsing,taking photos
  5. tavisdunn's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #5  
    Yup, me too. So much better in fact, i barely even monitor my battery level anymore.
  6. LeLee092's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    127 Posts
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    Same here!

    Really happy to not have to worry about making it through the day! :D *happy camper*
  7. TruPlaya187's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    741 Posts
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #7  
    All of you that you posted that you have amazing battery life now, do you disable a lot of services like location and how many background tasks you have running?

    If you mind posting ;)
  8. gapost's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    788 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,879 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    My battery is excellent, plenty for a whole day. And I don't disable any services (bt, wifi, location, data) and I have a number of live tiles and leave xbox music with default settings.
    TruPlaya187 likes this.
  9. TruPlaya187's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    741 Posts
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    My battery is excellent, plenty for a whole day. And I don't disable any services (bt, wifi, location, data) and I have a number of live tiles and leave xbox music with default settings.
    I have to charge it after maybe 8hours, I have 15 background tasks running, many live tiles, listen to streaming music for a total 3 hours in the day, check Twitter, Facebook... And I have everything enabled except things,I don't use like Bluetooth, Xbox, music could collection......is that normal?
  10. gapost's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    788 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,879 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by TruPlaya187 View Post
    I have to charge it after maybe 8hours, I have 15 background tasks running, many live tiles, listen to streaming music for a total 3 hours in the day, check Twitter, Facebook... And I have everything enabled except things,I don't use like Bluetooth, Xbox, music could collection......is that normal?
    That's hard to say because there are so many factors. Streaming music over cellular network would use up some battery. It should be better over wifi. What about emails? Push email is more battery efficient than checking every x minutes. How about your screen? I keep mine set on automatic. Some people said that the HTC app uses a fair amount of battery. I didn't really need the app so I uninstalled it. Also, the cellular signal strength makes a difference. Some say tap to share takes up some battery, but I never really saw that. As a last resort, you can enable battery saver and that will really extend the battery.
    LeLee092 and TruPlaya187 like this.
  11. TruPlaya187's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    741 Posts
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    That's hard to say because there are so many factors. Streaming music over cellular network would use up some battery. It should be better over wifi. What about emails? Push email is more battery efficient than checking every x minutes. How about your screen? I keep mine set on automatic. Some people said that the HTC app uses a fair amount of battery. I didn't really need the app so I uninstalled it. Also, the cellular signal strength makes a difference. Some say tap to share takes up some battery, but I never really saw that. As a last resort, you can enable battery saver and that will really extend the battery.
    Hi! I have push emails setup, my screen is set up to automatic as well, I've uninstalled all HTC app since I don't use it, NFC off since I don't use it. Yeah I thought of putting battery saver mode on to see but then it would disable everything and I don't want to do that since it will basically not be a smartphone anymore ;)

    Thanks for writing back to me....really appreciated!!!!!
  12. gapost's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    788 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,879 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #12  
    Battery saver will only kick in when it gets to a certain percentage. I think it is 25%. Look in the Advanced options at the bottom of the battery saver page. Other than that, not sure what to say. And you are correct about disabling things, because a smartphone should have those feature running. If you phone is fairly new, you will probably get better battery after some charge cycles. Maybe stop some of the less important background tasks.
  13. TruPlaya187's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    741 Posts
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Battery saver will only kick in when it gets to a certain percentage. I think it is 25%. Look in the Advanced options at the bottom of the battery saver page. Other than that, not sure what to say. And you are correct about disabling things, because a smartphone should have those feature running. If you phone is fairly new, you will probably get better battery after some charge cycles. Maybe stop some of the less important background tasks.
    Thanks for all the replies! Yeah I guess I could do that enabling Battery Saver Mode on when the battery is in a critical level. I had my phone since launch day back in November but 2 weeks ago, I sent it for repair since I had multiple issues with it (reboots up to a point that the phone was doing the reboot loop, crackling sound when listening to music...etc) Now all of those got fixed!

    Now this morning I did listen to streaming on my way to work but didn't listen to music while at work and so far the battery is better! What I will do tonight is transferring music locally and listen to that music in the morning and during the day to see if the battery drains as fast as streaming music.
  14. rockstarzzz's Avatar

    Posts
    4,883 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,888 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #14  
    Battery saver kicks in when 20% or less is remaining. Also, 8 hours with the usage described is superb battery life! 15 apps polling every 30 minutes and 3 hours of streaming alone should take away 50-60% easy!
  15. raul_junior's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    257 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #15  
    hey! i love my 920 from at&t and i installed portico back in december but today i noticed that after only 5 hours of use it was already at 30%!!!! i used to get about 10 hours befor it would get to 50% I'm not sure if its because of the "sophie lens" which i installed yesterday but anyone else having this problem???
  16. DAIMONDY's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    193 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by DonMorris View Post
    Mine has also improved significantly. For some extra juice I found that disabling the Xbox Music and "Sync game requests" options work wonders.
    Does disabling the game stuff stop achievements being updated from phone games? Ive also disabled the music stuff as i never use it.
  17. TruPlaya187's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    741 Posts
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    Battery saver kicks in when 20% or less is remaining. Also, 8 hours with the usage described is superb battery life! 15 apps polling every 30 minutes and 3 hours of streaming alone should take away 50-60% easy!
    Thanks for the info!!! I think then I'm obsess with my phone then lol!!!!!
  18. Coolknight1968's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    797 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #18  
    I kicked out Battery Level for WP8... my battery also improved.
  19. rockstarzzz's Avatar

    Posts
    4,883 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,888 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by DAIMONDY View Post
    Does disabling the game stuff stop achievements being updated from phone games? Ive also disabled the music stuff as i never use it.
    Yes it stops but when you turn it on, it sync back via cloud.
  20. lhqx108x's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolknight1968 View Post
    I kicked out Battery Level for WP8... my battery also improved.
    Battery lvl does drain battery, use battery status instead
    Coolknight1968 likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Battery sense live tile no longer updating
    By Kinalyx in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-02-2013, 12:41 PM
  2. HTC Hidden Wi-Fi no longer available?
    By donnydonny#WP in forum HTC Arrive / 7 Pro
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-30-2011, 11:03 PM

Posting Permissions

";