Earbuds for the 8X?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Oh, and one last thing, I have a Verizon 8x. Not sure if the different build for the wireless charging may be part of the problem. Just trying to help others before they buy a set of headphones that may not work.

Verizon here as well. I think you might have a newer model Tours. I have an older pair with the straight in plug, I know the newer ones have the angled plug. Don't know why the older ones would work and not the newer... hmm

gamblers4

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Westone UM-1, read the online reviews. (Probably will be your last pair of earbuds.)

They do have a 90degree angle jack which works fine without a case on my 8X.
With the Diztronic Case, a small modification of increasing the earphone access (using a sharp exacto knife), it now works great.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Nokia Purity's work well (volume, skip, pause, mic, TellMe and the rest.)

Also to all the people talking about people talking down beats. Beats are overpriced for distorted quality. Granted they sound great, but the Headphones truly don't deliver a true sound at all. I had a pair of in ear and over ear beats and I eventually sold them and stood with AKG's. They're more expensive with AMAZING clarity and true sound. They beats amp and processing built into the 8X is actually pretty amazing if you pair it up with some good outputs. Personally, the Purity outperform my old beats. Pretty much sounds like everything I mix and record from my studio.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I haven't tried them with Video yet but the LG Tone+ so far sound okay. Pretty amazing battery life. I will say that if you are an audiophile then skip Bluetooth altogether...but if you jog or cycle like I do, then they will be perfect for that. I am going to invest in a high-end wired pair as well but I'm not sure what to get yet so I'm watching this thread closely.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I listen to a lot of Jungle, D&B, rock & Fidget/Wobble. Beats in the 8X makes hella difference!! I had a sweet pair of Skull Kandy Ink'd2s until they wrapped around a fan belt.. :'(.. The sound was ridiculously fricken awesome!! Harder and deeper then even my Sony Pro-Style, Studio phones I used back in my DJ'ing days.

Now... GET THIS!!!!!!

Christmas time, I saw this kid at the store proudly wearing some red Beats by Dre over ears.. I asked him about them, and asked if I could try. Did the Pepsi Challenge, and I MUST say that I got more of the kind of sound I like with the Ink'd2 buds. That was even true with the phone slider ON & OFF.

They're like $20 direct from Skull Kandy but my cousin works a head shop and gave me his discount. Cost me $10 back then.. I'm wanting the blue to match my HTC.

Sucks that I can't find them anywhere local now though, so went and got $2.50 RCA buds at the Family Dollar, just to tide me over. And my gorgeous 8X makes even THESE bump with Beats on. HUGE difference without!!

I will say though, that I use MusicMatch Jukebox to sync the music to my phone that I want local. I can the mp3's with the EQ settings that I choose. This does make a difference to the extremely discerning ear, but its there. That said, I mainly stream from Audiocloud. I know for a fact that this dev went in and tweaked the app's EQ/volume levels to pump at 100% for his WP8 update..Jason is awesome!! You can even download tracks right to the Music Hub now, and play with them plugged to the PC!!

Also, I've never used buds with a mike, and still take the majority of my calls with the buds plugged up and in. Was true with my lol Radar too!!

Doom At Last

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I listen to a lot of Jungle, D&B, rock & Fidget/Wobble. Beats in the 8X makes hella difference!! I had a sweet pair of Skull Kandy Ink'd2s until they wrapped around a fan belt.. :'(.. The sound was ridiculously fricken awesome!! Harder and deeper then even my Sony Pro-Style, Studio phones I used back in my DJ'ing days.

Now... GET THIS!!!!!!

Christmas time, I saw this kid at the store proudly wearing some red Beats by Dre over ears.. I asked him about them, and asked if I could try. Did the Pepsi Challenge, and I MUST say that I got more of the kind of sound I like with the Ink'd2 buds. That was even true with the phone slider ON & OFF.

They're like $20 direct from Skull Kandy but my cousin works a head shop and gave me his discount. Cost me $10 back then.. I'm wanting the blue to match my HTC.

Sucks that I can't find them anywhere local now though, so went and got $2.50 RCA buds at the Family Dollar, just to tide me over. And my gorgeous 8X makes even THESE bump with Beats on. HUGE difference without!!

I will say though, that I use MusicMatch Jukebox to sync the music to my phone that I want local. I can the mp3's with the EQ settings that I choose. This does make a difference to the extremely discerning ear, but its there. That said, I mainly stream from Audiocloud. I know for a fact that this dev went in and tweaked the app's EQ/volume levels to pump at 100% for his WP8 update..Jason is awesome!! You can even download tracks right to the Music Hub now, and play with them plugged to the PC!!

Also, I've never used buds with a mike, and still take the majority of my calls with the buds plugged up and in. Was true with my lol Radar too!!
Most Beats products you see kids use are fake. I have some highschool friends who own a pair of over-ear beats and I can tell they are fakes from build quality and audio quality.
To me the microphone makes a difference as my 8x gives a muffled sound at the other end.
I've thought about getting Skull Candy's before but I've read they don't last very long. Right now my dream ear buds are the Purity in-ear by Nokia. Or a beats if i find one that has all the its functionalities working.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Bootlegs do happen, but I'm betting he got them for Christmas from his Dad, who was with them. At least, that's how the body language went.

The Ink'd2 buds lasted me about 6months of 60+ hours a week usage with volumes set in the low 20's. At 25-26, things started getting too much. Its my fault they're dead. I found out there's a warranty program if you're a stupid head like me, and they'll hook you up with a new set at 50% off.. That's love there!!

Last edited:

WP95

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Bose are the way to go man, I have the IE2. Amazing.
Beats are unreliable, drastically high priced for their products.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Found some of the Ink'd2 buds this evening. Been rocking the **** out of some fine ass tunes since!! For $20, hard to Beat!! (the pun is only semi-intentional).

I'd be scared yo buy $100+ or even $50+ for something I'll, more than likely, lose, break, get broken, or.....mmmm

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Been using the LG Tone+ headphones for a couple of weeks now and must say that I love the way they sound. They require a good seal in the ears to really get the bass response but they definitely do the music justice. I'm pretty shocked how good they sound for Bluetooth headphones. The only annoying thing is I can't run with them. The neck thing bounces around. I might look into the JayBird ones next, but they are pricey ($120). I only paid $35 for the Tone+.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium