Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Are the Nokia Purity In-Ear headphones' Remote & Microphone fully compatible with the 8X?
    What about the Beats by Dre In-Ears?

Global Posts
    2,269 Global Posts
    Personally I think the beats by Dre earphones fit more for the 8X because the phone has beats. personal opinion ;-)
    - Xbox Account: SocialDanny123 Twitter: @SuDanny123

Lived in LA USA now moved to Auckland New Zealand :-)

Other devices:
    Nexus 5
    IPhone 5C
    Blackberry Z10

[IMG][/IMG]

Same but it would be a real bummer if the headphone remotes and volume control didn't work on the 8X.

I have the 8x and the Tour earphones, everything works skip track, tale\make calls, TellMe etc, except volume control.

Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    I should be getting the LG Tone+ headphones tomorrow. I will let you know how they sound/operate with the 8X. I have heard enough good about the original LG Tone earbuds that I figured these are worth a shot. I know it's not what you asked about but, hopefully the input is welcome.

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts
    If you don't want or need inline controls or microphone, get the JVC Xtreme Xplosives HA-FX1X. Their sound is awesome and you can't beat the price.

I couldn't believe how good they sounded when I plugged them into my 8X. The bass is excellent and it doesn't hinder the high or mid tones. Totally recommended.

Amazon.com: JVC HAFX1X Headphone Xtreme-Xplosivs: Electronics They are currently being sold at $17.40

Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    If you go with Beats, make sure it has a straight in plug (ie, urbeats). My kid's beats in ears have an angled plug and will not work. I THINK his was the tour, but am not certain. Only some of the controls work...which is just stupid.

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    I have the beats over ear headphones, and only some of the controls work. It's asinine that HTC bought a stake in that company but didn't develop a phone that takes advantange of all the headphones have to offer.

I have an iPhone for work, and the beats are geared toward Apple, so all the controls work. But why brand the 8x with beats if they didn't even make an attempt to make it work?
    I haven't found any earphones whose volume control works, but the pause and skip track controls work fine with all of the ones I have tried. I use Beats Solo HD with mine and they sound incredible with Beats audio turned on!
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I have the Nokia purity earbuds on my HTC 8x. I can report that the music controls all seem to work, including pause/play, skip track, back track, and volume control. This is in both Xbox Music and Rdio.

Though i have had some issues with using the built-in mic during calls....but i've only tried that once.

By the way they sound great. I know some people poo-poo Beats audio, but to this non-audiophile, it sounds awesome!
    Thanked by:
    Quote Originally Posted by tavisdunn View Post
    I have the Nokia purity earbuds on my HTC 8x. I can report that the music controls all seem to work, including pause/play, skip track, back track, and volume control. This is in both Xbox Music and Rdio.

Though i have had some issues with using the built-in mic during calls....but i've only tried that once.

By the way they sound great. I know some people poo-poo Beats audio, but to this non-audiophile, it sounds awesome!
    The ones who "poo-poo" Beats audio are the ones who think they are non mainstream for saying that.

The issue isn't that beats sound bad. They don't its that their price is very high for the quality they give. Their over ears are what? $199? Maybe if they were $99.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,526 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doom At Last View Post
    Are the Nokia Purity In-Ear headphones' Remote & Microphone fully compatible with the 8X?
    What about the Beats by Dre In-Ears?
    I have set of Nokia Purity HD in-ear headphones and the volume controls and pause button work with the 8X. Not sure about the microphone but I can test that tomorrow. I also have a set of beats that came with a rezound and the Nokia ear buds sound better.
    Thanked by:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zokudu View Post
    The issue isn't that beats sound bad. They don't its that their price is very high for the quality they give. Their over ears are what? $199? Maybe if they were $99.
    well your also buying into the style of the headphones as well as the durability. I can get a $99 pair of headphones that sound as good as the $200 Beats, but they do not last nearly as long nor do they look quite as nice!

its like buying a Buick. You can get similar performance for cheaper, but with the Buick your also paying for looks and durability!

Quote Originally Posted by pdch View Post
    If you go with Beats, make sure it has a straight in plug (ie, urbeats). My kid's beats in ears have an angled plug and will not work. I THINK his was the tour, but am not certain. Only some of the controls work...which is just stupid.
    So urBeats has full compatibility with the 8X whereas the Tour Beats lacks this.
    Well, that's too bad, I really like the design of the Tour Beats.
    So urBeats has full compatibility with the 8X whereas the Tour Beats lacks this.
    I just plugged my old Beats Tour in and they work perfectly fine. It has the straight in plug. But my Beats Solo have the angled plug and they also work fine!

Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    No, the point is the plug. The 90 degree plugs will not make a connection with an 8x. The straight in plugs will. They all have the same pseudo functionality.

Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    I just plugged my old Beats Tour in and they work perfectly fine. It has the straight in plug. But my Beats Solo have the angled plug and they also work fine!
    Again, I was not certain if my kid's earbud Beats are the tour or not (we have bought so many for the household I can't remember who has what), but I will absolutely assure you that the 90 degree angle plug beats earbud set he has will NOT work with the 8x. I will see if I can find the box to verify the name of his set.

Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Oh, and one last thing, I have a Verizon 8x. Not sure if the different build for the wireless charging may be part of the problem. Just trying to help others before they buy a set of headphones that may not work.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Stop paying hundreds for over priced headphones... Go with Nuforce NE7m (NE-700m).. Phenomenal sound and the price cannot be beat. I even got mine refurbed for only 35 at their outlet store. Includes a mic and you can control play and skip with it.

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    As far as the microphone goes, as long as there's the three connections on the headphones, the mic will work.
    RSM for VZW
    Phone history: HTC Trophy, Droid Razr, Curve 9370, HTC Rezound, HTC 8X Blue, HTC 8X VZW Employee Edition, LG Intuition, Nokia Lumia 928 White, LG G2, Droid Ultra VZW Employee Edition, iPhone 5S
    Quote Originally Posted by pdch View Post
    Oh, and one last thing, I have a Verizon 8x. Not sure if the different build for the wireless charging may be part of the problem. Just trying to help others before they buy a set of headphones that may not work.
    Verizon here as well. I think you might have a newer model Tours. I have an older pair with the straight in plug, I know the newer ones have the angled plug. Don't know why the older ones would work and not the newer... hmm

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Westone UM-1, read the online reviews. (Probably will be your last pair of earbuds.)

They do have a 90degree angle jack which works fine without a case on my 8X.
    With the Diztronic Case, a small modification of increasing the earphone access (using a sharp exacto knife), it now works great.

Global Posts
    963 Global Posts
    Nokia Purity's work well (volume, skip, pause, mic, TellMe and the rest.)

Also to all the people talking about people talking down beats. Beats are overpriced for distorted quality. Granted they sound great, but the Headphones truly don't deliver a true sound at all. I had a pair of in ear and over ear beats and I eventually sold them and stood with AKG's. They're more expensive with AMAZING clarity and true sound. They beats amp and processing built into the 8X is actually pretty amazing if you pair it up with some good outputs. Personally, the Purity outperform my old beats. Pretty much sounds like everything I mix and record from my studio.

Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    I haven't tried them with Video yet but the LG Tone+ so far sound okay. Pretty amazing battery life. I will say that if you are an audiophile then skip Bluetooth altogether...but if you jog or cycle like I do, then they will be perfect for that. I am going to invest in a high-end wired pair as well but I'm not sure what to get yet so I'm watching this thread closely.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast