Anybody else frustrated with Beats Audio?

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I see both ur points. 8x does have an amplifier, and when plugged into a speaker sounds awesome. Thru headphones, not so much. Even good ones. Its a little bass-y. Also, it can't work with Bluetooth because it needs to sense the connection of the jack to activate. Could this possibly be changed with a software update? I don't know. But if it can be, it should.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I see both ur points. 8x does have an amplifier, and when plugged into a speaker sounds awesome. Thru headphones, not so much. Even good ones. Its a little bass-y. Also, it can't work with Bluetooth because it needs to sense the connection of the jack to activate. Could this possibly be changed with a software update? I don't know. But if it can be, it should.

I havnt had a problem through headsets, I hope an update does fix that for you cause its quite nice! I'm not too knowledgeable of Bluetooth but as far as I know, Bluetooth is the equivalent of sending data over the air. So literally sending per say "audio files" and your car or speakers do all of the processing and playback. When you play straight through a cable, the phone is now doing the processing and playback and that's where the Beats works its magic. I could be 100% wrong with that, but that sounds like a fairly good hypothesis! lol

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I havnt had a problem through headsets, I hope an update does fix that for you cause its quite nice! I'm not too knowledgeable of Bluetooth but as far as I know, Bluetooth is the equivalent of sending data over the air. So literally sending per say "audio files" and your car or speakers do all of the processing and playback. When you play straight through a cable, the phone is now doing the processing and playback and that's where the Beats works its magic. I could be 100% wrong with that, but that sounds like a fairly good hypothesis! lol
Yeah, that's what I was trying to get at...it needs the physical connection. One of the posters above made a comment saying that there was no reason it shudnt work with Bluetooth. Again in not 100% either, of all the details. Just saying if it can be done it shud be. As for the sound quality thru headphones, my phone is fine and works fine, so I don't a fix. I just think its a preference. For me too much bass comes thru the headphones. I probably don't notice it as much with external speakers, as I do like a nice amount if bass. My personal opinion, beats on the 8x is good, but not my cup of tea with to regards bass thru headphones.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that's what I was trying to get at...it needs the physical connection. One of the posters above made a comment saying that there was no reason it shudnt work with Bluetooth. Again in not 100% either, of all the details. Just saying if it can be done it shud be. As for the sound quality thru headphones, my phone is fine and works fine, so I don't a fix. I just think its a preference. For me too much bass comes thru the headphones. I probably don't notice it as much with external speakers, as I do like a nice amount if bass. My personal opinion, beats on the 8x is good, but not my cup of tea with to regards bass thru headphones.

Yeh I feel yah. I have to turn them off with certain headphones and speakers. But for my car and my Beats headphones, I prefer on! As for an update to enable it over Bluetooth, I think that's a physical impossibility. :/

ssault

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Beats Audio is designed to fool stupid people into thinking they're getting great sound by blowing up the low end, drowning out everything else in the process.

It was developed by Monster. You know, $500 HDMI cables Monster.

Ozraeel

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
My 8x is from Telstra in Australia. I'll check other headphones and if I'm getting the same issue I'll probably get it checked out. Thanks for the replies

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs