Try this out!

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Go into an app (such as WPCentral) that has scrolling capabilities. Scroll down about half way to the bottom. Start with your finger in the middle of the screen, and drag it down. Go all the way down to the capacitive buttons. You will see that the non-screen area between the capacitive buttons is also responsive to touch scrolling 😊

Nothing else to report. I just find that so sick!

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
this is because touch panel covers all phone face, not only screen area. That's how capacitive buttons are work. Nothing to care about

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
It worked on my HTC Trophy (as I naturally found out quite some time ago) but not on my Lumia 822. Guess it really is an HTC Thing :wink:

absonj

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
It does work top down, but not bottom up, meaning if I start at the buttons and go up, it doesn't register. Even when I get back onto in screen. Still, a nice feature.
Sent from my wicked sexy HTC 8X windows phone using Board Express

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
It does work top down, but not bottom up, meaning if I start at the buttons and go up, it doesn't register. Even when I get back onto in screen. Still, a nice feature.
Sent from my wicked sexy HTC 8X windows phone using Board Express

don't know what your talking about, I can scroll all the way down the bottom of the capacitive buttons and scroll back up within the 1 inch mark the the bottom of button to bottom of screen and it'll still scroll up and down.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
don't know what your talking about, I can scroll all the way down the bottom of the capacitive buttons and scroll back up within the 1 inch mark the the bottom of button to bottom of screen and it'll still scroll up and down.

I think he means, without touching the screen, start at the bottom and scroll up onto the screen

akar33

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
It works on my Lumia 900 too. I noticed this 2 years ago when I got my first crappy android phone. As another person reported, this is just how touch panels work. The entire front face is a touch panel (incl. the capacitative buttons). If you start at the screen and move towards the buttons, the touch will register but if you start at the buttons and move towards the screen, touch wont be registered.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss