Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I just received a notification on my phone that an update is available on my Tmo 8X. I'll have to wait until I get home to install. Anybody else get it?

I'm currently running 8.0.10211.204

Me, too (in Broward county, southern Florida). I have to wait for Wi-fi to install. Hmm, maybe lunch at Burger King today (free Wi-Fi).

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Installing now. No idea what it involves.

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    OS version obv still the same.
    Firmware is 1532.20.20010.531
    Hardware revision: 003

no obvious changes yet.
    I can throw in a few predictions
    -Fixes the SIM error issue
    -fixes the network drop that some are experiencing
    -enables HSPA+ over PCS Band
    -enables LTE connections
    -fixes beats audio

whatever the case we do know that it will improve the performance of our beloved device and repair HTCs tarnish reputation in support.
    Same here! ... although, I also received an update last month randomly. I hope it fixes the SIM card error.

Got the update in NYC. My data is still migrating, but I am intrigued. HTC and T Mobile have been pushing out updates to the phone very nicely, ahead of my wife's 810 in the case of portico and quickly in the case of HTC specific updates, which is a huge difference from my experience with an HTC android device on T mobile where I was stuck in antiquated OS **** forever.

I know the phone is LTE capable after checking the serial number, so I am hoping they enable that at some point. However, given T Mobile's late arrival to the LTE party, if this was enabling the LTE I think they would have put out some press release so I would bet against it. I would be very happy to be wrong.

Received the update this afternoon. Not sure what it did yet.

Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I haven't noticed any changes either....

Global Posts
    969 Global Posts
    I had to hard reset my phone in order to gain back space from other to install the update. I restarted my phone and now there is no update. Does that mean I have the most updated version?

Update this morning. I don't know what it's for and I have not noticed any changes....
    wp_ss_20130321_0001.png

Manually pushed mine to check for update, got nothing hmmm reminds me of when half the peeps got the previous skype update and others didnt and had to wait.. interesting.

Maybe its LTE for T-Mobile being activated, my guess
    Went From a IPhone 3G (2008) to a Samsung Galaxy S w/ CyanMod.. ICS 4.0 (2010) to a HTC 8x (11/17/12).. To a Nokia Lumia 925 (7/26/13)

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    is LTE coverage that bad in the USA that you guys dont have it yet? Its been here in Canada for a few years already.

Quote Originally Posted by rocking23nf View Post
    is LTE coverage that bad in the USA that you guys dont have it yet? Its been here in Canada for a few years already.
    well T-Mobile's sort of not really LTE network is HSPA+ and gets really good Mbs download which is pretty close speeds to other LTE Networks... But T-Mobiles true Advanced LTE or whatever there calling it is coming soon to being activated in a few cities. Idk why people b***** on T-Mobile for not having true LTE when HSPA+ is fast for me as is.. The band that True Advanced LTE rocks is supported on the T-Mobile Variant 8x so I wouldn't be surprise if that is what this update is about.. T-Mobile already announced that the Lumia 810 is going to be supporting Advanced LTE through an update so ya. And for me my coverage in San Diego, CA is just find with speeds ranging 10-20 mb's/sec.
    Went From a IPhone 3G (2008) to a Samsung Galaxy S w/ CyanMod.. ICS 4.0 (2010) to a HTC 8x (11/17/12).. To a Nokia Lumia 925 (7/26/13)

Global Posts
    969 Global Posts
    - Gamertag -
    the teams Flag

www.FLAGZ.net
    @FlagzTV
    Your firmware changed. The third section changed from a 2xxx8. to 2xx10.
    Thanked by:

That is disappointing. Based on information from HTC, I understood that my device hardware was LTE capable and the serial number is consistent with the LTE versions of the phone. Tmobile has such a **** poor selection of phones, I don't expect to see any high end alternatives with WP8 in the near future.

Has anyone figured out what this firmware change does? Very odd to have radio silence about an update pushed like this.

it could change all the phones need is a simply firmware update... Since obviously the 810 has the bands and so does the 8x.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon619 View Post
    it could change all the phones need is a simply firmware update... Since obviously the 810 has the bands and so does the 8x.
    I agree. First i am not sure that i would trust a T-Mobile "rep" regarding what phones will be updated and when. I have never known any rep that has accurately been able to tell me anything regarding any update that any of my phones were suppose to get. Also, I dont see why the 810 would get the update and not the 8x since they both have the same chipset. I think Tmobile would hvae a difficult time explaining that thier website shows the 8x having the band that Tmobile will run thier LTE on (band IV from what i have read) but not allowing it to access it.
    Thanked by:

correct Band IV :)