03-21-2013, 10:35 PM #4
- 17 Posts
I have both a tmobile and Verizon 8x and they both had scratches within about 1 month, even with babying them. My Droid X did not have a single scratch after 2 1/2 years and I work in a construction related industry so I'm around dirt, rock and heavy equipment. I think either gorilla glass 2 sucks, there was a bad run, or the curved glass causes it to be exposed.
Either way I'm very disappointed. I would have put a screen protector on from the get go, but I didn't ever have a problem with my Droid, so I figured I would get the same result from essentially the same product.
In addition putting screen protectors on the 8x sucks, again because of the curved glass the screen protector has to be smaller (not covering the entire face) or it will end up popping up on the edges.
- 03-26-2013, 11:12 AM #5
Last edited by DigitalDK; 03-26-2013 at 11:26 AM.
- 03-26-2013, 11:18 AM #6
I know it sounds crazy, but I haven't used a phone without a screen protector in ages. Before I finally purchase a phone I always order screen protectors and cases, so that when it arrives, the first thing I do when I remove it from the box is slap a protector on it. This way if I want to upgrade in the future or if I change my mind and want something different, it will look practically new.
- By pdch in forum HTC 8XReplies: 11Last Post: 06-18-2013, 06:24 AM
- By dahurricaneg in forum HTC 8SReplies: 2Last Post: 02-09-2013, 12:34 PM
- By TechyMexican in forum HTC 8XReplies: 6Last Post: 01-07-2013, 11:29 PM
- By Winterfang in forum Upcoming & Rumored DevicesReplies: 9Last Post: 09-28-2012, 03:05 AM
- By ninjaap in forum Upcoming & Rumored DevicesReplies: 7Last Post: 08-02-2012, 04:10 PM