Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By peacefulberry

I know some other phone owners out there noticed there 8x's screens were scratching much much MUCH easier than one would expect from Gorilla Glass 2. I was wondering if anybody had these issues, or worked anything out with HTC

I have the Verizon 8x and within one day of use I had several scratches.

my nokia lumia 920 on at&t also scratches really easily but really can only be seen when being pointed at direct sunlight

I have both a tmobile and Verizon 8x and they both had scratches within about 1 month, even with babying them. My Droid X did not have a single scratch after 2 1/2 years and I work in a construction related industry so I'm around dirt, rock and heavy equipment. I think either gorilla glass 2 sucks, there was a bad run, or the curved glass causes it to be exposed.

Either way I'm very disappointed. I would have put a screen protector on from the get go, but I didn't ever have a problem with my Droid, so I figured I would get the same result from essentially the same product.

In addition putting screen protectors on the 8x sucks, again because of the curved glass the screen protector has to be smaller (not covering the entire face) or it will end up popping up on the edges.

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carter Myers View Post
    I know some other phone owners out there noticed there 8x's screens were scratching much much MUCH easier than one would expect from Gorilla Glass 2. I was wondering if anybody had these issues, or worked anything out with HTC
    Never trust the word resistant. The only sure fire way to avoid scratches all together is to use a screen protector, if you don't you're just accepting the fact that it's going to scratch or assuming scratch resistant means scratch proof... which it does not.
    Last edited by DigitalDK; 03-26-2013 at 11:26 AM.

Global Posts
    941 Global Posts
    I know it sounds crazy, but I haven't used a phone without a screen protector in ages. Before I finally purchase a phone I always order screen protectors and cases, so that when it arrives, the first thing I do when I remove it from the box is slap a protector on it. This way if I want to upgrade in the future or if I change my mind and want something different, it will look practically new.
    DigitalDK likes this.