So is this the only two things this phone is missing?

Thomasx

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
1. Turn-by-turn GPS

2. An alternate browser to Internet Explorer?

I am considering buying the 8x... just wanted to know about these two as of today.

wtrmlnjuc

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
1. Nokia HERE Drive Beta is available for all WP8 devices.
2. Why do you need anything else? Just asking. IE is really, really good.

Thomasx

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Well as far as why I want a different browser... when I go to Fox News, it looks all messed up, and everything was underlined.

Also, is there a way to block/filter calls or SMS like android? I had high hopes for android, but the lag is pitiful and obvious even in their most powerful phones... they still stutter, and that's why I'm looking at the 8x... but can it filter sms or calls

ItsMrMark

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I had high hopes for android, but the lag is pitiful and obvious even in their most powerful phones... they still stutter, and that's why I'm looking at the 8x... but can it filter sms or calls

You have got to be using an old version of Android or an outdated piece of hardware. JellyBean (4.1) on any decent phone does not lag. Now if your running 2.3 on a two year old phone then yes it lags. The days of lag are gone!

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
You have got to be using an old version of Android or an outdated piece of hardware. JellyBean (4.1) on any decent phone does not lag. Now if your running 2.3 on a two year old phone then yes it lags. The days of lag are gone!

that's not 100% true. All it takes is a couple of misbehaving apps installed on your phone to make one of the OEM "skins" like touchwiz or sense perform less than ideal. Even the S4 and One won't be completely immune to this. And once your cache starts to build up... I had to show a coworker yesterday how to clear his cache and his S3 was a stuttering mess. He'd never cleared his cache since buying the phone. Once he did his eyes popped open at the difference. And even a Nexus isn't immune to lag within poorly coded apps. No OS is.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Well, my S3 crashed and rebooted within the first hour of me having it. I didn't have any, zero apps installed. Also my nexus lags.

I hate when ppl say Android doesn't lag anymore. The utter bs. They always have, and the funny part is, I can replicate the lag in anyones Android phone, no matter what phone or version they're running.

marpad87

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm missing some Nokia exclusive apps, but other than that 8X is fine. IE is amazing in my opinion and yes Drive is available already, but only for a few countries.

anon(5400142)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
1. Nokia HERE Drive Beta is available for all WP8 devices.
2. Why do you need anything else? Just asking. IE is really, really good.

1. Not for all countries unfortunatly.
2. Agreed.

On-topic:
Would also like a Screen Rotation Lock, but that is WP oriented not specifically the HTC8X

arterbizzle

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
There is UC browser available. I don't use it so can't tell you how it is. IE is that good on WP8.
I agree, just use the fox news app, it's pretty nice but in need of an update.

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
It's not all BS though, my current device actually doesn't lag any more than any other OS. There are a rare few specific android phones like that but they're half a handful. As I said above every OS can lag in certain circumstances, even iOS. It also depends how you use your device. I'm very good about keeping poorly coded crapps that hog resources off of my devices, some people aren't.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Well, my S3 crashed and rebooted within the first hour of me having it. I didn't have any, zero apps installed. Also my nexus lags.

I hate when ppl say Android doesn't lag anymore. The utter bs. They always have, and the funny part is, I can replicate the lag in anyones Android phone, no matter what phone or version they're running.

My 822 also crashed and rebooted less than an hour after I bought it. Read through the device forums, they are full of stories of stuttering and lagging WP8 devices. Despite the lag issues android might or might not have Samsung still seems to sell a ton of phones so it can't be that bad for the average consumer.

To the op: there are a few things missing in WP, but overall it's a pretty solid platform. I am tempted by other platforms from time to time, but when it comes down to it I enjoy using WP too much to switch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)