Windows Phone Desktop not Launching When 8x is connected

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I am running Win 7 Home Premium. Ever since I hard reset my phone, the WP Desktop app and the Device settings window (the one who's taskbar icon is a pic of the phone) no longer launch automatically. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both the phone driver and the WPDesktop app, and nothing. Any suggestions?

sonardude1

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed that the usb cable you use to connect makes a difference. The cable that comes with the phone works great, however another one I have will only charge and never open the app. Just a thought.

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
^^ similiar experience here....the USB cables make a difference....as well as the PC USB post on occasion as well

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
^^^ Yes...USB port...sorry, typo. I've found sometimes USB ports are configured differently even on OEM machines out of the box. So maybe try a different USB port and see if that helps the phone to sync with the desktop app and launch it.

ETA...also don't use a port from a USB hub (if that is your setup) as that also can cause problems. Get as direct as you can from phone to PC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12