- 04-05-2013, 02:02 PM #1
I am running Win 7 Home Premium. Ever since I hard reset my phone, the WP Desktop app and the Device settings window (the one who's taskbar icon is a pic of the phone) no longer launch automatically. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both the phone driver and the WPDesktop app, and nothing. Any suggestions?
04-06-2013, 01:10 PM #5
- 543 Posts
^^^ Yes...USB port...sorry, typo. I've found sometimes USB ports are configured differently even on OEM machines out of the box. So maybe try a different USB port and see if that helps the phone to sync with the desktop app and launch it.
ETA...also don't use a port from a USB hub (if that is your setup) as that also can cause problems. Get as direct as you can from phone to PC.
- By Kevin Michaluk in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 13Last Post: 09-29-2015, 09:59 PM
- By cocochannel in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 20Last Post: 08-30-2013, 07:16 PM
- By dj1891 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 2Last Post: 06-26-2013, 08:37 PM
- By cooperma in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 3Last Post: 11-27-2012, 09:09 AM
- By JustinMSalvato in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 03-31-2012, 09:47 PM