Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Someguyfromla

So if you own an 8x (and maybe this goes for the Lumia too) and you're on T-Mobile USA, you're stuck with the T-Mobile version of Netflix. But when I was reading through the reviews of the app I saw that someone found a way to install the official Netflix app so I thought I'd spread the word so here goes:

1. uninstall Netflix.
    2. turn off your phone.
    3. remove your sim card.
    4. turn on your phone, go to the store on a wifi connection, search for Netflix and the official Netflix app will come up

For the record I had to do this twice because I didn't uninstall Netflix the first time so I'm assuming that's the reason I had to do it twice.
    Thanked by:
    Jimmy Cooper likes this.

Thank you. This really helped.

Fwiw - the Netflix app is missing from the store when I look for it. However, I was able to download it by following the instructions above and using the link in the article on here re: the upgraded app.

Quote Originally Posted by treetownal View Post
    Fwiw - the Netflix app is missing from the store when I look for it. However, I was able to download it by following the instructions above and using the link in the article on here re: the upgraded app.
    That's right, I forgot to mention that when I searched for it in the store the first time it wasn't coming up so I went to windowsphone.com to get it.

Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    I was able to use a direct link posted on WPCentral to get the app to show up in the store on my phone (sim card still in and everything). Even though searching for it in the store on my phone pulls up the T-Mobile version, since I have the one published by Netflix Inc. installed it only gives me updates for that one.