- 04-07-2013, 07:50 PM #1
So if you own an 8x (and maybe this goes for the Lumia too) and you're on T-Mobile USA, you're stuck with the T-Mobile version of Netflix. But when I was reading through the reviews of the app I saw that someone found a way to install the official Netflix app so I thought I'd spread the word so here goes:
1. uninstall Netflix.
2. turn off your phone.
3. remove your sim card.
4. turn on your phone, go to the store on a wifi connection, search for Netflix and the official Netflix app will come up
For the record I had to do this twice because I didn't uninstall Netflix the first time so I'm assuming that's the reason I had to do it twice.
- 04-10-2013, 12:58 AM #5
I was able to use a direct link posted on WPCentral to get the app to show up in the store on my phone (sim card still in and everything). Even though searching for it in the store on my phone pulls up the T-Mobile version, since I have the one published by Netflix Inc. installed it only gives me updates for that one.
- By Duvi in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 197Last Post: 11-03-2012, 11:13 AM
- By kittshelby in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 25Last Post: 10-26-2012, 03:36 PM
- By brmiller1976 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 0Last Post: 09-19-2012, 01:00 PM
- By gibbyhome in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 25Last Post: 03-04-2012, 01:14 PM
- By hlysmksbtmn in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 05-25-2011, 12:44 AM