VZW HTC 8x Update

romant56

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
What kind of stuttering does the OS suffers? Is it too occasional, too annoying?

I was thinking between buying HTC 8x and HTC One, and HTC 8X is much cheaper.

A few Verizon 8X's (mine included) started stuttering - just little annoying pauses when you try to do something - randomly a month or so ago. After this update the problem has disappeared completely for me - smooth as butter like always.

Again, I don't think it was a widespread problem and seems to be fixed now.

StinkyMojo

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
A few Verizon 8X's (mine included) started stuttering - just little annoying pauses when you try to do something - randomly a month or so ago. After this update the problem has disappeared completely for me - smooth as butter like always.

Again, I don't think it was a widespread problem and seems to be fixed now.

Awesome!

Florescu Sebastian

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Saw this update this morning and i let it do it. since then it has been 5 hours and still nothing. Restarted it twice and nothing again. Just that black screen with those 2 wheels spinnig. What's wrong with my phone?

tbrahe

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Sadly this update did not fix the Bluetooth compatibility issues with my car. I'm still unable to stream music over Bluetooth. The first song plays but is unable to play the second song. I have to hit fast forward or the play button to get another song to play. I'm still having problems with the phone functions as well. Was hoping this update would fix this. I could do a factory reset but don't know if that is worth it.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Well as you can see, the 2/20/13/update (which was Portico) had 389 components. So this was about a quarter the size of that update. But there does seem to be quite a few things tweaked across the board. Maybe one of our s/w experts at the forum here can figure out more precisely as to what the packages/components relate.

yes but do remember, portico was a software update from Microsoft as well as a hardware update from HTC and Verizon. From the looks of it, the update covered basically everything hardware related

cstahljr

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I got this update on Saturday. I was having intermittent issues with 3 areas of phone operations. 1) SIM card detection errors. 2) The "End" button on calls has a lag, and 3) occassional random reboots. I have not noticed any more problems with the SIM card detection since the update. The lag on ending calls seems to persist. Not sure yet about the random reboots.

jjfergie

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I was having quite a lot of SIM card errors and random shutdowns. I did the update last week and it didn't seem to fix anything. I'm still having these problems. I'vbe had to restart the phone twice this morning alone with a SIM card error. And I just found out it was off again. This is really annoying. Anyone else?

celebwendi

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I was having quite a lot of SIM card errors and random shutdowns. I did the update last week and it didn't seem to fix anything. I'm still having these problems. I'vbe had to restart the phone twice this morning alone with a SIM card error. And I just found out it was off again. This is really annoying. Anyone else?

I'm also having continued SIM card issues and random shutoffs even after the update. Three over the weekend so far. I'm planning to take it in to a Verizon store again when I have a moment and see what they can do for me.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
My Trophy would always randomly shut off. It was a battery problem. There are only two solutions for the 8x sim error. 1) tape trick 2) latest update + NEW sim card

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I got this update on Saturday. I was having intermittent issues with 3 areas of phone operations. 1) SIM card detection errors. 2) The "End" button on calls has a lag, and 3) occassional random reboots. I have not noticed any more problems with the SIM card detection since the update. The lag on ending calls seems to persist. Not sure yet about the random reboots.

Weird. My end call button works perfectly fine now.

jjfergie

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I am curious about this "tape trick". Why would that work? If a restart of the phone fixes it every time (it does for me) why would it be a contact issue. Seems that restarting would be intermittent. My shut down issues, frankly, are worse after the update. I guess a trip to Verizon tomorrow at lunch is in order.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99