WTF? My HTC 8x all suddent is off and can't turn it on

segadc

Apr 12, 2008
Visit site
The battery was fine and I was just using it a second ago but now its totally off. I don't have the exact charger with me but plugging in a charger that usually works is not turning the phone or or even have a charge light. It's totally dead??!?! Not a good start to a Monday

edit: Ok was able to reset it but man this has got to me the cause of the new update. I never had it crash on me like that. Not sure if this matters but I noticed my NFC was on. Guess I kept it on for the whole weekend. I wanted to test NFC with a HTC one and noticed it was already on.

Last edited:

Hooksie

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
From the symptoms you describe it sounds like a good old fashioned hardware fault. Dodgy battery would be my guess. If you don't get anything from your proper HTC charger I would send it back to where you bought it.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Get the correct charger, or one with the exact same power rating and leave it to charge. Then try to power on after half an hour to a hour. If not try factory reset.

segadc

Apr 12, 2008
Visit site
Thanks guys. In the middle of editing then I got distracted but yeat the button combo worked. Weird and scary!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte