Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    I guess I will be moving to the 928 when it comes out. I love everything else about this phone, but having to turn it off when in meetings or court makes this phone useless for me while working. Seems like this would not be hard to fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdch View Post
    I guess I will be moving to the 928 when it comes out. I love everything else about this phone, but having to turn it off when in meetings or court makes this phone useless for me while working. Seems like this would not be hard to fix.
    I could be wrong, but I believe that missed call alert is the same on ALL windows phones. If not, then I will be extremely happy when I trade my 8X for a Lumia 928

Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Carpenter View Post
    I could be wrong, but I believe that missed call alert is the same on ALL windows phones. If not, then I will be extremely happy when I trade my 8X for a Lumia 928
    It is not - it is only present on the VERIZON 8x. I have talked with Verizon and HTC numerous times and they keep telling me that they are aware of the problem and are working on a fix. The only problem is, it seems to me after so many conversations that Verizon is expecting HTC to fix it and HTC is expecting Verizon to fix it...so it will probably NEVER be fixed.

this also happens on my lumia 822, so not just happening on the 8x.

Global Posts
    472 Global Posts
    I posted this a couple of months ago in both of the threads following this issue:

Quote Originally Posted by wpn00b View Post
    03-26-2013, 08:09 PM FYI, anyone still following this thread. Software update target date is sometime in June to fix this particular issue. Could be sooner or later but they gave me February as the first update timeframe for another issue altogether and it was accurate. We will see. I work for VZ so don't expect every rep you talk to to know this. In fact don't even ask please. LOL. I'll share what I find out as I'm pretty invested in this matter.
    That's all I know. But it is still May. Maybe they will come through.
    Last edited by wpn00b; 05-29-2013 at 02:46 AM. Reason: I posted it in two threads.
    Ambassador

It is not - it is only present on the VERIZON 8x. I have talked with Verizon and HTC numerous times and they keep telling me that they are aware of the problem and are working on a fix. The only problem is, it seems to me after so many conversations that Verizon is expecting HTC to fix it and HTC is expecting Verizon to fix it...so it will probably NEVER be fixed.
    LOL @ that bold part, and nobody fixes it in the end.

I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here

You guys should know that this is an issue with the Lumia 822 as well. So my guess is that it is a Verizon or Microsoft issue.
    Thanked by:
    wpn00b 

Is this problem fixed with GDR2?