Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1.    #1  
    There's a similar (sticky) thread on Lumia 920 and it's about time the 8x got one - especially since there are new threads on battery issues opened here on a daily basis.

So, feel free to post your opinions, reviews, stats...anything regarding your battery; changes in battery life caused by installing some questionable apps etc.
    .....................................................................................................................

That being said,
    mine is still driving me crazy as I still haven't figured it out. Some days it's not bad, others not so much. But I really have to micromanage a lot to get me through a day (I'd say I'm a moderate user - some surfing, whatsapp, maybe streaming music for a bit - but more often playing it locally, texts and 10mins talking at most, ZERO apps in the background allowed, no bluetooth or location). In the last hour and a half I've streamed music for an hour and then surfed via IE for another half an hour (both 3g or H+, strong signal downtown) and lost approx 23% but I guess that ain't bad?
    I recently deleted all the battery related apps since I've got fixated on them and would obssess over it too much; and they only contribute to the battery drain.

Global Posts
    1,878 Global Posts
    It's certainly not a Galaxy Note 2 or a Razr MaxxHD. It has to do everything a smartphone is called on to do, and with an 1800mAhr battery. I'm not surprised the battery life is sort of short. That's the price you pay for good performance in a very small package. Battery management seems pretty good. If I don't play with it, it keeps me going for a day - barely. But I have chargers all over the place. I seem to accumulate them. So when it's getting down a bit and I'm not using it, I plug it in. I'm thinking a wireless charger might be a cool thing to get. My DNA could also use it.

I have been very happy with mine. I use it a good bit and it still last all day where my Galaxy s3 would die in half the time!

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts
    Mine gets me through a complete day only I use it very moderately. If I use it heavily or more in tune with most people scenerios, I can get to at least 10 hours, so I guess it's right inline with other phone. I can't complain.

I wish all smartphones lasted 24 hrs in any kind of usage scenario, but that's just wishful thinking :)

Mine gets through usually a day, but whenever I use some more heavy apps I guess, like games or Baconit for image loading and so on, it does tend to drain faster of course, but I don't mind :). Gets me through the day just fine and I like charging my phone before I sleep so I don't obsess, so it's just fine over here!

I noticed something strange yesterday.
    First I charged it in the evening to 100%. Then I went to sleep the battery was at 91%
    I changed the phone to Flightmode.

The next morning I had a error message that the battery was at 8%(?!?)
    I recharged my battery now while im at work, connected through USB. Its fully charged now.

I downloaded a new app: Battery (by Arthur Semenov)
    It has a nice feature that it warns when the battery is draining for set amount of percentage. I will check this now

Global Posts
    2,821 Global Posts
    Yesterday, after 10 hours of regular use, (3 push emails, texts, phone calls, Internet browsing, everything on-wifi, bt, nfc, 4g) I had 68%. Two things that might help people. Don't keep running down your battery. It will shorten the life. Plug it in when you can. Second, I don't use Whatsapp, but from a lot I have read, it seems to be a battery hog.

The only apps I have downloaded are dictionary.com, nokia drive, and htc flashlight. I have two email accounts synced "as items arrive" and use the phone for light talking, texting, and web browsing. I get about 48 hours per charge.

Verizon 8X.

Global Posts
    1,878 Global Posts
    I disabled all the apps the run background except the battery monitor. Yesterday I took the phone off the charger at 5AM and at 11:30 it was still at 93%, whereas before it was in the low 80s. So that helped a lot. Well, that and now that I've had it a few days and I'm not playing with it all the time :)

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    1 hour of music with a bit of gaming on the bus to work (7am)
    around 150-200 emails a day with push setting turned on. (exchange active sync - exchange 2010)
    1 hour of music and a bit of gaming on the way home.
    occosonaly call, probably 10-20 texts a day.
    by around midnight its usually around 60% left.
    LTE connection always on.
    Wifi while at home.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    After an up and down first couple of days the battery on mine has conditioned in nicely and I'm getting great batt life. I'm at 26% left after being off the charger for a day and 14 hours. 10-15 calls, a few emails, texts, data, etc. Mostly on WiFi at home and work. I thought the Galaxy Blaze I came from was good but this phone blows it out of the water. Nice not to have to worry about it.

I've been having great battery like 24+ hours worth. I've noticed Skype is for sure bad on my battery when it's pinned to the start screen.

Global Posts
    1,894 Global Posts
    I think the battery life is fine on this phone. I get no problem with battery running dead during the day. At home and work I am covered with full LTE on Verizon, I am sure this has something to do with it(I never turn on Wi-Fi unless I have to d/l a app, Umimited data plan). I use wireless charging every night. If I dont put it on the charger, I will get a day or 2 out of it depending on my use.

I have a Exchange server 2003, with live sync and hotmail that syncs every 30 min. I do play games on it almost every day and stream Podcasts time to time. So I do use media based features on this phone alot. My only hate witht this phone is the lack of space (16gb is a joke for a modern phone)
    XV6700(Apache)>XV6800->HTC Touch Pro 2(XV6875) ->HTC Trophy ->VZW HTC 8X ->Nokia Lumia 928 -> Nokia Lumia ICON (929)

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I typically get 12 hrs and has not been to drained. I use HTC's Data Sense which cuts off certain things as the battery gets lower. This has not effected my use but I have it on but only for phone calls and checking email.

I don't know, I can get up to 24 hours on mine, sometimes more. This is with heavy texting, inbox reading, and use of news/Instagram apps.

Global Posts
    602 Global Posts
    My battery is sucking major balls as of late. Doing nothing different from when it was better.
    ~Sal

Quote Originally Posted by JerseySal View Post
    My battery is sucking major balls as of late. Doing nothing different from when it was better.
    Try draining the battery until it turns itself off. Then turn it back on. Happened to me once. The phone still had like 20% left. Wasted that too then recharged to full and it solved my issue.

Global Posts
    602 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight018 View Post
    Try draining the battery until it turns itself off. Then turn it back on. Happened to me once. The phone still had like 20% left. Wasted that too then recharged to full and it solved my issue.
    Thank you sir. I'l give it a shot.
    ~Sal

Just a little screenshot I took this evening...

wp_20130504.png

Global Posts
    1,387 Global Posts
    After a few days, I'm largely impressed by the battery life. It's leaps and bounds better than my Omnia 7.

I got mine last week, and I'm not impressed with the battery life. The first day it lasted about 4-5 hours with lots of use and all default settings on. Then after I turned off all default settings, left battery saver on, deleted the HTC app, and drained/ recharged the battery for a long time, it lasted about 7-8 hours. But it still drains pretty quickly. It was at 100 percent, and 2 hours later with moderate use it was down to about 85. So, should I switch it out with another or keep waiting for it to get better? Does anyone with GOOD battery life have any simillar expiriences or advice on what I should do. I really want a phone with great battery life, and I've heard so many mixed reviews on this one..

Global Posts
    1,387 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Olsen View Post
    It was at 100 percent, and 2 hours later with moderate use it was down to about 85. So, should I switch it out with another or keep waiting for it to get better? Does anyone with GOOD battery life have any simillar expiriences or advice on what I should do. I really want a phone with great battery life, and I've heard so many mixed reviews on this one..
    12 hours of moderate use is bad these days?

If you want a phone with great battery life, you should have gone with one with a noticeably large battery: RAZR MAXX, Note II, perhaps Lumia 720. The 8X is not built for that purpose and HTC's never been known for huge batteries. Don't turn off everything and make your phone into a dumbphone. Use it as you'd expect to use it, if the battery is going flat before you're home then buy a battery pack or a new phone.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,526 Global Posts
    My battery life is pretty bad. I use the phone a lot and I'm usually near a charged so I deal with it, but it would be nice if it was better.