"Get Media Content Now"...

Marconis4

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Ever since the last HTC update, I cannot open media messages. I get the message, "Get media content now (30KB)", click it, and it doesn't open. I can send MMS, but not open. Incredibly annoying...any ideas?

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Verizon is my carrier. Pretty sure data is completely on, have LTE right now and had 3G earlier.

Toggle airplane mode or turn the cellular off, then on again. Unfortunately the data may be lost already. Sometimes if you don't retrieve it soon, you will lose it. But after doing the airplane toggle and turning cellular off and on, wait a few minutes and send a photo to yourself to see if it works now.

Marconis4

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Toggle airplane mode or turn the cellular off, then on again. Unfortunately the data may be lost already. Sometimes if you don't retrieve it soon, you will lose it. But after doing the airplane toggle and turning cellular off and on, wait a few minutes and send a photo to yourself to see if it works now.

I tried just restarting the phone earlier, and that didn't work. Taking your airplane mode advice, I sent one to myself and had my girlfriend test-send me one as well...it worked! Thanks so much. Any idea why this happens?

Also, I was able to open pictures from yesterday.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I tried just restarting the phone earlier, and that didn't work. Taking your airplane mode advice, I sent one to myself and had my girlfriend test-send me one as well...it worked! Thanks so much. Any idea why this happens?

Also, I was able to open pictures from yesterday.

Oh good! I don't know why this happens, the only thing I could think of is that somehow when the signal goes offline, turning airplane mode on/off helps kick it back into gear, because you are turning off all connections and turning them back on. Its like flipping a breaker switch off then on to help restore electricity. :)

j1sh

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
This is why I dislike picture messaging. I've had this issues on multiple carriers, on multiple Windows phones since the launch of the Lumia 920.
This is one of the times I recommend using an alternate service to send pictures, like Viber or Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp etc.

Sent from mTalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077