Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Since the last update I cannot receive/send MMS messages. The message seems to go through but the person I am sending it to never actually receives it. And when someone sends me one I never even get the message.

Anyone have an idea what the problem could be?

Windows phone 8x by HTC on Verizon Wireless

Thanks in advance!

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I have the exact same problems! I attempt to send a picture and it never goes through! I also have networking issues such as the phone saying I have 3g but in reality I have no data service. This goes on and off. Anyone else have these issues? Biggest pet peeve of this phone.

Yes, it's very frustrating! So no one has had this issue and figured out a solution?

Looking for any type of help!

Thanks
    I have an 8x on Verizon and haven't experienced this. Is this a permanent problem or just one that occurs persistently?
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT

Permanent issue! Started after the last update and haven't been able to receive/send MMS messages yet.
    Have you tried a hard reset? Hold the power button in for 10 seconds or until your phone turns back on.

I've had mine since January, with the same constant issue. Did a full factory reset, still nothing. Unless I have full bars and 4gLTE, I can't send or receive MMS. Sometimes it won't work even with the full bars. Makes me miss my Android phones that could do it over WiFi.

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    I can send but I don't receive any.
    I say contact Verizon and have them reset your sim. I think that's something they can do over the air.

since the last update, i don't receive MMS's but i can send them. this issue only arose since the last update. looking for a fix, i might call verizon soon i guess

I've noticed that mine will only send or receive MMS when I have full bars and LTE. What happened to the days of MMS over WiFi?

for everyone's reference, I did a hard reset and it didn't help. I've been on the phone with Verizon about it and they're saying most of my MMS's coming in are being rejected at the network, and that is has nothing to do with my phone really. The tech support rep "resynced my mms feature with my plan" (??? something like that) and that seems to have corrected my problem for the most part. it's still very intermittent but I receive almost all MMS's now. she still opened a trouble ticket and they're looking into more details for me so hopefully I know more soon, but so far it's much better

Did you do this via online chat with support, or in a store? I might give it a shot. I've tried everything. The people in the store here don't know anything about the phones. The only bugs they know about are things I've told them.

just started having this happen to me. I am getting responses to group texts, but not the initial one.

spoke with Verizon yesterday telling them about this new problem. Was told there is an upgrade coming in June that will fix MMS issues and possibly add group text. He wasn't clear on that last part, but I think it would be through Wifi.

He also said that Androids are getting away from group texting. Is that true? I don't see why.