Is anyone still having a reboot issue for the 8x?

Baje

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi I was just wondering cause I have only had this phone for four weeks and since Sunday it has been rebooting 2-4 times a day.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi I was just wondering cause I have only had this phone for four weeks and since Sunday it has been rebooting 2-4 times a day.

Haven't really had rebooting issues at all. Make sure your SIM is firmly in place. If it is a tiny bit out of place it may cause SIM and rebooting errors. Also, check your phone for updates under Settings and make sure you have all of the updates so far.

TeineWonder

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I am, my 8x won't stop rebooting though. Hard reset only works if I simultaneously press VOL UP, VOL DOWN, POWER, VOL DOWN and once I let it go - screen blanks out and the boot loops starts again.

And I don't have time for that -.-

waleonishmail

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I do, but only in certain locations.
For me when the 8x has poor signals or I lose service the phone will reboot. So when I go to a particular area of my city I feel the phone vibrate and reboot in my pocket.
You should notice that the phone only reboots in certain locations or when you have poor signal.

chomsky11

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I had a couple within a week or so of getting the phone, also a couple freezes, but the last month or so nothing. I'm also getting good battery life now after a sketchy first week, so maybe (and I know it sounds weird) this phone just needs to settle in for a week or two before it works bug-free. At least mine did.

Westiemom

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I had one reboot happen the first week I had my phone, back in January. I have never had one since then. As said in another post.....almost perfect experience with this phone.

anon5658834

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Reboot issues normally are due to offending apps. I recently had my Lumia reboot even on standby. I deleted 2 apps that i had installed since the rebooting occured and the reboots stopped

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
On the 8X, most of the reboots are related to hardware, specifically the SIM card. you can fix the problem by taping the SIM

For me when the 8x has poor signals or I lose service the phone will reboot.
those are classic SIM card symptioms, loss of signal and reboots. You can fix your issue in a minute by removing the SIM card, placing a piece of tape on the backside, and reinserting.

SteelSteve

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Minereboots from time to time, with no particular rhyme or reason that I have beenable to find. May try the tape trick; however I've never had SIM error.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes