"creeking" noice on righ side of HTC 8X

joe_easton

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I have had my VZW Blue HTC 8X since late December. Recently, it has started making a creeking noice when any pressure is made on the right side (volume side) or on the backside of the phone near the volume rocker. It appears that the case has expanded which allows it to "wiggle" a little and make the noise.

The phone was case-less for the first few months but since then it has been in an Incipio featherlight case.

Has anyone else had this issue?

rogerandersonuk

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes - I had the same issue. With pressure between the volume rocker and camera lens you could feel the case compress and had a creaking noise. I put up with it for a few weeks and then i could see teh case was coming away from the screen near the volume rocker too. Emailed HTC support and they arranged for it to be picked up and it was repaired under warranty. It came back with a new case fitted.

Contact HTC and see what they can do for you. Good luck!

LeLee092

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the advice! my phone does the same thing and I bought if at the end of December too. I have a speck case and thought it was happening because I have to be really rough taking on and off of the case for tap+send...
Good to know its not me or the case! I'll try best buy though since I already have insurance through them :D

srmccoy

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I contacted HTC and they would indeed have it shipped in for replacement. However, they wanted me to front the cost of getting it there, and if they found any reason to deny the claim they would charge me for repairs. While I am positive that the creaking area in question and the peeling coating are of no fault of my own, I am not about to be without my primary device for a week or two and run the risk of having to spend money on their poor craftsmanship.

Instead I purchased the HTC Doubleshot Hard Shell case, slapped it on and it feels like a new phone. Can't cause the creaking, can't see the peeling, and the blue is growing on me (I have a black device).

joe_easton

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I agree, I have an old trophy I could use for a while. I guess I'll see if it really starts bothering me. I'll probably buy a 928 and then have it repaired before selling it.

srmccoy

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
My biggest concern was that my 8X uses a SIM and my old phones did not. Not only does Verizon not like to re-register older phones, but it invalidates the SIM and you have to get another.

Honestly, I bought the HTC Doubleshot Hard Shell case, which makes it look like a blue 8x, feels similar and covers the creaking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes