Bug only present in HTC 8X regarding music playback volume controls

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I am currently listening to music without the ability to pause the song via the volume buttons. I clicked on HTC Weather to check the temp in my area, and the music stopped playing. I thought that was rather weird, so i tried it again. Same result. After that, when I go back to my start screen, the music tile does not work, my lockscreen doesn't change with the artist, and the song is not shown in the volume controls. It only seems to occur, though, when HTC Weather is opened *edited* and in the background. When HTC Weather is backed out of, the controls, tile, and lockscreen start working again. Weird.

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
It's supposed to happen as apps that use animations need to stop the music. I just learned about this a few days ago when I installed Amazing Weather HD and read it on the app or the Windows Phone Store entry, can't remember which one. I don't know why, but I think it's by design. Microsoft should be working on this for the next updates.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
It's supposed to happen as apps that use animations need to stop the music. I just learned about this a few days ago when I installed Amazing Weather HD and read it on the app or the Windows Phone Store entry, can't remember which one. I don't know why, but I think it's by design. Microsoft should be working on this for the next updates.

It makes no sense whatsoever. I can't check weather and listen to music at the same time apparently.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
There's a setting in the HTC Weather app to turn off sound effects. Once you do that, it won't pause your music anymore.

It still does for me. That's why I was confused and frustrated. It must be something to do with HTC's app, cuz apparently other weather apps are perfectly functional with music being played.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3