Hard Reset Not Working On 2 different HTC 8x Verizon Phones!

EricMarsi

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have 2 Verizon HTC 8x's one in blue and red. I forgot the password to one of the phones and tried the exclamation point backdoor reset with vol uo vol down power and vol down, but as soon as I tap power the device reboots, this is the same on both devices and I need to reset them both, If you know a way around this, PLease Let Me KNOW!

slipknot28

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I found this procedure on one forum. Might help you. I have not tried it.

"Alternatively you can try turning the phone off, then press the power, volume down and camera buttons until the phone vibrates, then release the power button and hold the other two for another five seconds. "

EricMarsi

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I found this procedure on one forum. Might help you. I have not tried it.

"Alternatively you can try turning the phone off, then press the power, volume down and camera buttons until the phone vibrates, then release the power button and hold the other two for another five seconds. "

All that does is make the phone go into q white screen with barcodes and software info, anyone else know

Parvez Mulla

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
It worked for me. Thanks !!! i was able to connect to my PC and get the charging symbol as well. But if i would turn the power ON, it would not start.

Adapted your technique of holding on to POWER, VOLUME DOWN and CAMERA and it worked.

Thanks once again !!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3