8x Stopped QI Charging

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Just today, I got home from working and set my 8x on my JBL PowerUp speaker to get some juice. I noticed that I didn't hear the charging sound indicator and then realized the indicator lite wasn't on either. I have tried several times reseating the phone on the top of it to start a charge but I get nothing. I don't have any other phones with QI to test. (Of Course all the Verizon stores are closed since I got home.)

I have moved the speaker to other power outlets, I took the case off my phone. Nothing. I plan to go into a Verizon store tomorrow with both units and see if I can test them in the store. But I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with the QI charging just stopping? Any ideas to troubleshoot? I already power cycled both the phone and the JBL... The Bluetooth/NFC still work and I can play music. Just the charging doesn't work anymore.:crying:

WP8Expert

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Just today, I got home from working and set my 8x on my JBL PowerUp speaker to get some juice. I noticed that I didn't hear the charging sound indicator and then realized the indicator lite wasn't on either. I have tried several times reseating the phone on the top of it to start a charge but I get nothing. I don't have any other phones with QI to test. (Of Course all the Verizon stores are closed since I got home.)

I have moved the speaker to other power outlets, I took the case off my phone. Nothing. I plan to go into a Verizon store tomorrow with both units and see if I can test them in the store. But I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with the QI charging just stopping? Any ideas to troubleshoot? I already power cycled both the phone and the JBL... The Bluetooth/NFC still work and I can play music. Just the charging doesn't work anymore.:crying:

Are you sure the problem is the phone as it may be the speaker. Try troubleshooting by taking it to a Nokia store (they have wireless chargers on display) or a Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf outlet with free wireless charging. If your phone does not charge, the phone has an issue. If your phone does charge, it is a problem with the JBL PowerUp speaker. Although it is highly likely that the JBL speaker has an issue

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
There are no Nokia stores around me but that's why I was gonna hit a Verizon store. I bought both of them through VZW. The speaker was purchases in march. They both are under warranty. I was just wondering how many others had this sort of issue and if anyone fixed it themselves. I have a feeling its the jbl.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Got to a Verizon store thus evening and dropped my phone on an in store charge pad. It started charging. It is my jbl speaker that will not charge anything. Its under warranty and they have another being shipped to the store. Bad thing is I have to wait til Tuesday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon