Power button is unresponsive

Aardappelboom

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I am having some trouble with the power button, it only works immediatly 50% of the times. There are times that I have to push it 10 times in a row without any response.
Here's the strange thing. Whenever I blow onto the button. (trying to clean it from dust or other things) it immediatly works...

I was wondering if there is a solution for this or if there are any other people experiencing this issue. I was also wondering if there is a way to bypass using the button all together.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Pressing the camera button should wake the phone up if are having trouble with the power button.

Aardappelboom

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply! I was hoping someone had a similar experience and could provide an easy fix. I'm guessing there is something wrong with the button making contact. It's a shame really that I would have to initiate a repair for such a small problem. it's a hassle I can't glanze at the lockscreen for quick info by pressing the camerabutton.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Blow it out with a compressor or canned air. Probably dust in the contact. Or dust and moisture, which makes mud, and we know how responsive that is.

DJRedLine

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm on my 3rd 8x now
the 1st one had the same power button issue where I had to press it maybe 10+ times to respond. Had to unlock the device using the camera button and continuously press the button until it locked again.
Sent it in for repair and got a replacement (this 1 turned out to have faulty microphone/speaker)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720