Cleaning the Ear Speaker Grill

fullcircle_bflo

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm noticing that I'm getting some gunk/dust/dirt or whatever in the ear speaker grill. Its gotten to the point where I can't really see the charging light on unless its dark. Has anyone had any success cleaning this grill or any suggestions? I am considering using keyboard cleaner/compressed air, but I don't want to damage the speaker. Thanks in advance.

rdifiori

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I cleaned mine and it made a dramatic difference in call volume. I can also clearly see the charging light. I used a single bristle from a toothbrush. I pushed it gently into each little hole using tweezers. It took a while, but it was worth it.

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I cleaned mine and it made a dramatic difference in call volume. I can also clearly see the charging light. I used a single bristle from a toothbrush. I pushed it gently into each little hole using tweezers. It took a while, but it was worth it.

interesting technique! Must try after some time has passed :)

rdef

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Be careful with the vacuum. I did that on my first 8x and its suction cracked the camera lens cover.
Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express

Florin Anghel

Banned
Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I think that your first 8X was poorly made, a normal vacuum cannot crack the lens. It may already have been cracked and the vacuum just took it out of its place

Avinash Kaltari

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Your toothbrush-hair idea was really helpful and I've used it several times to clean my HTC 8x earpeice grill and speaker grill on the back too.

It was bit painful though.

Yesterday, however while doing so, I thought of using a whole toothbrush to clean all my earpiece grill holes at one go to make it quicker and less apinful.
The result was that it was much more cleaner and now Ive kept aside a spare toothbrush for this cleaning purpose.

Thanks again. :smile:

WP Forums Rock !! :cool:

maganna

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Thank you so much! I am new to WP and wanted to try the platform. I bought a used 920 off ebay and thought that the sound quality was awful on the phone. Then in reading up on this forum I ran across this thread

Thanks to your helpful suggestion, upon using the toothbrush method, I now have a phone that's as clear sounding as my landline.

So thanks again!

Brandi Joseph

Dec 6, 2018
Visit site

Tweezers??? Jesus!! Wth could possibly get stuck in ur ear piece you needed tweezers? Those holes are so micro tiny I can't imagine tweezers being in the cleaning process

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit