Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    I came across this app in the store today. There doesn't seem to be many reviews for it, but there's a free trial available. Seems to work fine on my locked T-Mobile US htc 8x, although pretty slow connecting to websites.

It tethers by using a proxy through an ad-hoc network. Seems to be the best we can do until someone on XDA posts up a generic US rom to enable the built in hotspot without paying a monthly fee, but i'm not holding my breath.
    Thanked by:
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    Here's a link for anyone that's interested. Tether-X | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

It worked for about 20min then I started getting texts from t-mobile telling me to sign up for tethering and it stopped working. It tries to redirect my website requests to a t-mobile page to sign up for tethering, but they never load.

Quote Originally Posted by waraukaeru View Post
    It worked for about 20min then I started getting texts from t-mobile telling me to sign up for tethering and it stopped working. It tries to redirect my website requests to a t-mobile page to sign up for tethering, but they never load.
    T-mobile problem has been fixed. You can continue to use Tether-X with t-mobile...