Do you think HTC will have an Amber?

eruptflail

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I've been watching all the posts about the Amber update, and I"m getting a little jealous.

I get that the on screen clock feature would be terrible for the LCD of the HTC 8x, but do you guys think that HTC might have something in the works for those of us who supported their WP ventures. They don't get the same spotlight that Nokia gets in the WP category, but they did release the GDR1 update before anyone else.

So what do you think the odds are that we'll get a little somethin' somethin' for our devices when GDR2 is released. I figure if they're releasing the Tiara, there has to be something to give it the edge over the Lumia 925 or 928 on Sprint's competitor networks.

eruptflail

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I guess my thought process is, if HTC doesn't want to play the WP game, why release the Tiara? Ya know what I mean? WP has grown quite rapidly (for it's size) and maybe HTC took notice? Granted, who knows - and you're probably right.

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
It's a pity really. I still think the 8S and 8X are great looking Handsets, and i was contemplating getting them for my Parents, but Nokia's support of the platform is so good it means i feel like i'm compelled to stick with their product.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
It's a pity really. I still think the 8S and 8X are great looking Handsets, and i was contemplating getting them for my Parents, but Nokia's support of the platform is so good it means i feel like i'm compelled to stick with their product.

I LOVED the look of the 8s but you can't get a better overall WP experience than what Nokia provides. Maybe with HTC's profits still sliding even after all the experts said the One was incredibly good, they will pick up more WP support.

eruptflail

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
No amber is a Nokia update. Gdr2 is a Microsoft update

I think you misunderstand. I meant a HTC "amber." So, I was wondering if people thought HTC may pull the same card as Nokia and provide additional features to their handset.

Mase123987,
I loved the look of the HTC devices too, especially the 8S and I think the "Tiara" handset looks fantastic.

Jerry A

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I think you misunderstand. I meant a HTC "amber." So, I was wondering if people thought HTC may pull the same card as Nokia and provide additional features to their handset.

Mase123987,
I loved the look of the HTC devices too, especially the 8S and I think the "Tiara" handset looks fantastic.

Don't think so. HTC's support of WP has been mostly non-existent.

theroyboy44

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Do you understand how long Nokia has been updating their handsets and apps all this time while all HTC has done is nothing at least for windows phone. No I highly doubt anything will happen to the level of Nokia. They are obviously not given up on windows phone but the tiara is pretty much a recycle of the 8s but for a different provider. Even if they start doing things for htc they are so far behind it won't matter. anything HTC will update for a while will just be like really it took you guys this long to make such a necessary feature that Nokia made months ago. Case in point the make space app by HTC they only recently allowed you to view which apps are using how much space but you still cant delete from that screen and you cant even delete the "other storage" that kill space on a phone with only 16Gb of space like Nokia allows their phones to do. and Keep in mind this make space app has been offered by HTC on windows phone 8 since day one and I know cuz I got the 8X the week it was release and for months every time I launched the app it kept say does not work on your device. I would delete and reinstall maybe hoping it would be updated. And after months of the app not working once it was finally updated all it did was tell you what space aps are using. You couldn't delete from there or even check to see how much CPU usage is being used by each app so you can better know which to delete or turn off background download. I loved the look the the 8x but even the phones design was also poorly done because putting the phone in your jeans would cause it to darken on the edges greatly reducing its appeal. It was a sexy phone but you have to get a case to keep it from dirtying but if you like looking at your phone but cant cuz itll get dirty carrying it, you are put in a catch 22. and don't get me started on hyper glitchy the phone is. I have had it exchanged 3 times through T-Mobile and my sister 6 times because they phone keeps going haywire. That's 9 new HTC 8X's that I have had that have all been problematic, now we could just be really unlucky or the phone and HTC just didn't spend as much time as they should have.

All in all these problems may seem unlikely for them to release anything like amber, and even if they were to, their platform is so decrepit and in need of attention, repair, and actual support that making an amber like update would just highlight all of the other problems. I don't know if I would even trust their update to be glitch free. First they need to fix their phones, then fix their apps, then add some HTC based apps (seriously HTC still hasn't release an HTC developed panorama app that used to be in their old wp7.5 phone.....really), and then they can worry about innovating the exclusive interfaces and features.

eruptflail

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Yikes, seems like someone hates HTC. Honestly, the Amber updates don't appeal to me, except the camera update. The rest don't work with LCD screens.

One thing I didn't know Lumia owners could do was use their storage app to delete the "other" data. Are you sure on that one? Because a lot of people still have problems with that who own Lumia devices.

Drack648

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking the exact same thing this morning lol. Hope they add something useful and cool to the Tiara, then release it in GDR2 for 8X and 8S owners. I mean... We can dream, can't we?... Right? Please, HTC...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium