Compass calibration problem

Aardappelboom

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
My compas needs callibration constantly when I use HERE maps...It's pretty useless if I have to form the figure 8 everytime I want to use livesight...:(

Anybody else have the same problem?

absonj

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Livesight is either non functioning on our 8X or there's a major glitch. It worked fine for me prior to update, but after, I can calibrate the compass, but then it force closes. And now, it just force closes everytime I select livesight.
Sent from my wicked sexy HTC 8X windows phone using Board Express

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok same issue here....BUT I've figured out what's causing it and how to make it work (Google is your friend).
If you just hold the phone at a constant position (eg pointed in one direction or flat) the compas re-calibration does not work. You need to look at the Maps compass calibration diagram carefully (I didn't notice the subtle difference for quite awhile). To enable the compass re-calibrate you have to move the phone around its axis in the figure 8 pattern. In other words, turn the phone with your wrist as you make the figure 8 pattern. It'll then vibrate and re-calibrate and go into the Livesight mode.

You Tube video demo

Worked for me...give it a try.

Petr Hanak

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem with Samsung Ativ S. It is a shame for both Microsoft and Nokia. How are the programs tested before they are allowed for the store?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6