So my 8x went from perfect to dead..

abek0

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
So I bought a skinomi screen protector for my phone.. it said apply it overnight so it can settle cause its applied with a special solution. Now I did exactly as the video said. I wake up and didn't notice right away there was water inside my LCD.. I was so POed. I went to go click my power button to turn the screen off and behold, now the power button doesnt work. Now I'm really mad.. I make a phone call right before I left for work and mad as it is, my phone shuts off and is now in a boot cycle. Great, my phone is now friend. I reactivated an old phone and call up the company explaining what happened as nice as possible and they completely didnt care whatsoever. When I started to get loud and ask for someone higher, the representative said she couldn't hear me and hung up. Result of this. I figure they won't do anything, so there goes my phone at the wall. But, hey, at least it was the phone and not me. Just wanted to vent that out.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
That terrible they really should pay for a replacement unless they have some hidden clause in there terms and conditions. Try getting a replacement from where you brought or contact HTC and see what they might offer.

abek0

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I wish I could, but most of the water underneath the LCD is still there.. a majority of it dried up from the phone restarting and getting hot. Maybe I can bag it with rice for like 2 weeks and contact HTC. Worst case, I sell it as parts on eBay with the million cases I have an hopefully get something.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4 Beta

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I wish I could, but most of the water underneath the LCD is still there.. a majority of it dried up from the phone restarting and getting hot. Maybe I can bag it with rice for like 2 weeks and contact HTC. Worst case, I sell it as parts on eBay with the million cases I have an hopefully get something.

If it does come to the worst there are a lot of cheap devices like the Lumia 520, 620 etc that are affordable and reducing in price even more.

abek0

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, since the new droids for Motorola are coming out next month for Verizon, I'm going to hold off until then.

abek0

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Considerable. But somehow i managed to have HTC replace my phony by my carrier. Stocked to get a new phone. We refurb, but better than nothing.

abek0

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Well, I got my labeled "like new" 8x yesterday. And boy, let me tell you. Its more new than my first 8x. Back doesn't creek, feels more solid, ear piece plastic isn't lop sided. I'm actually happy this happened. Lol
That great news. :smile:

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05