HTC 8X Update page taken down/ made inaccessible

Drack648

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I was looking for the update page, too. Yeah, maybe they decided to take it down so as not to confuse customers while they fix these issues. In fact, I was looking for the update page to confirm something... Does anyone know if GDR2 will enable Bluetooth 4.0 support in the 8X? You know... like the Lumia devices...

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I was looking for the update page, too. Yeah, maybe they decided to take it down so as not to confuse customers while they fix these issues. In fact, I was looking for the update page to confirm something... Does anyone know if GDR2 will enable Bluetooth 4.0 support in the 8X? You know... like the Lumia devices...

I don't believe so. Nokia enabled that foe the Lumias. It will come, probably not to us, because of that statement the other day by Joe B. He kinda summed up that most of the efforts goes towards newer hardware. So by 4.0 will probably come after gdr3, with new hardware.

I hope I'm wrong tho.

Drack648

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I don't believe so. Nokia enabled that foe the Lumias. It will come, probably not to us, because of that statement the other day by Joe B. He kinda summed up that most of the efforts goes towards newer hardware. So by 4.0 will probably come after gdr3, with new hardware.

I hope I'm wrong tho.

Thanks for your reply!

That's too bad. I guess I'll wait till new devices are out.
Anyway, getting back to the topic. Hope HTC fix those problems ASAP.

Regards.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs